Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oh, all right.

Why do I feel like if I don't answer someone's tag request, it's like I'm kicking them in the shins? This one's for you Amanda. Only because you're my cousin and I love you. And I'd love you even if you weren't my cousin.

10 years ago I was:
a senior in high school so it wasn't like I was ever actually there. I had 2 jobs: art instructor at an art academy which I loved because I got to teach kids art lessons. They were all Taiwanese and they taught me how to use chopsticks using colored pencils. I was also working as a colorist (yes, my job was to color) at an architectural firm, which I loved because it was just me and about 15 middle-aged architects--15
funny middle-aged architects and I secretly had crushes on every single one. Other than that, I was tweedling around Southern CA with my BF, along with my BFF and my other F's, too. Driving my beloved VW bus that sat 7 comfortably and 18 uncomfortably automatically made me chauffer. I'll never get over that car.

5 things on my "To Do" list today
1. Teach spin

2. Clean the bathrooms
3. Grocery shop
4. Reading lessons with Ruby
5. Dinner - make/eat/clean

5 Snacks I enjoy
1. oranges
2. yogurt
3. pickles
4. popcorn
5. almonds

What I would do if I was given a billion dollars?
I'd like to think I'd give a lot of it away because a billion all at once dollars can majorally change a person. After that...I don't know. To tell you the truth, I really rather not think about it.


5 places I have lived

1. Irvine, CA

2. Jacksonville, FL

3. Houston, TX

4. Denver, CO

5. Iowa City, IA

5 jobs I have had:

Oh, there are so many to choose from. Well, I already mentioned a couple above. Here are 5 other jobs I had as a teenager (the jobs I've had as an adult are snoozeville):

1. Babysitter: loved it. It was then at the tender age of 12 when I discovered the satisfaction of getting paid in real life dollars. I seriously got like 50 cents a week for allowance back then. "Don't spend it all in one place," my mom would say. (Fine, I'll save my $ up for a couple of weeks and then buy TWO packs of gum.)

2. Chicks Sporting goods - gift wrapper during Christmas time. It was then at the tender age of 14 when I discovered double sided tape.

3. My Dad's construction/developing company one summer: secretarial junk. I loved it because he'd take me out to lunch a lot. It was then at the tender age of 15 when I discovered pesto.


4. Hogi Yogi - There was a fire station across the street. It was then at the tender age of 16 when I discovered firemen.

5. Screenprinting/Embroidery company: secretarial work, shoved in a sweaty office with an extremely unhappily married couple and an illegal immigrant from Mexico who would bring me short bread cookies and flirt with me in broken English. "You pretty hair. You and me-- us go to my van." It was then at the tender age of 17 when I discovered that being aggressively persued made me extremely uncomfortable.

5 things people don't know about me:
Hm. I'm a pretty open person. And when I'm not, I have good reasons. But I'll give it a whirl.

1. I often check my rear-view mirror to see if any cars are following me. I blame this on Alias, 24 and other shows of the like that have made me completely paranoid.


2. Just recently have I become 100% comfortable with being female.


3. I have seen every single episode of MacGyver.


4. I can say the alphabet backwards almost as fast as I can say it forwards. These are the things that an insomniac learns to do while trying desperately to fall asleep.


5. I am currently inwardly working on not being frightened by the elderly.


Let's see. Have all the Garlock cousins been tagged? If you're a Garlock or married to one and haven't been tagged yet, tag. You're it.

3 comments:

amanda said...

haha..that was great. Thanks for not kicking me in the shins...lots of love all round..

franny said...

hi annie! you have to love this blog business, you can link from one friends blog to the other. when did you live in denver (curious because i've been in boulder for a few years now)? and by the way your daughters are adorable and you have killer photography talent! good to read up on your where abouts!

Graham Fam said...

So good to know so much more about you. I'm loving that you had VW Bus, that is awesome! Also to find out all the cool things you've done with your life. You are too funny.