Friday, January 04, 2008

Peter Piper Picked a Can of Peppers

My in-laws stuff some seriously good stockings. This year in its depths I found a can of pepper spray. I've always wanted one! I don't know where to keep it (away from my kids but in a place where I could get to it if needs be) or where I would be that I would need it but either way, I'm totally stoked.
In doing some research about my new can of pepper spray, I gleaned some interesting tidbits:

You must wear a scarf when using pepper spray.
When spraying your can, you must hold out your palm, indicating to the attacker to stop, but more importantly, you must slightly bend one knee.
If you use pepper spray with confidence, your face will remain completely calm and unafraid. Only a Mona Lisa-like smile will appear, one that says "Hey, man. Don't mess with me. I'm mysterious."

6 comments:

bethany said...

I think you'll be able to do that last step very well....

Veronica Reeve said...

Annie, where in the world do you come up with these pictures? They are hilarious!! I never seem to be able to find good ones. Pepper spray is a great gift...that's on my list for next year.

Kristen said...

I had a "screamer". Basically it was this container of compressed air with a whistle thing on top. When you pressed it it made you drop to your knees in pain and nearly blasted your eyes out of your skull. And it made my dog go CR-AZY!

Leilana Warren said...

I have been thinking I should get some too. And thanks for the tips on the proper use of pepper spray...I shall know what to do when the need arises. ;)

[alisar] said...

Did I ever tell you about my rape alarm?
My mom gave it to me before I left for BYU. It was a pager-sized device with a grenade-like pin that could be yanked out in case of emergency. The alarm was deafening.
I thank my lucky stars I only ever used it as a dorm room prank (yank the pin, toss into an unsuspecting floor mates' room, laugh while they try to figure out how to silence it) - and not as a means of self defense.

Graham Fam said...

I always save yours for last, so I can have one last good laugh before I go to bed. Thank you for this. I own a some pepper spray too, one of my boyfriends got a hold of it and sprayed it in church, luckily, church was cut short that day. It pays to have a some pepper spray sometimes. Great tips, I never thought to wear a scarf!