So the top one is without the help of Photoshop--just me and my camera. It looks so washed out compared to the bottom one, which was Photoshopped. So here are my questions:
1. Is the reason the top picture is so washed out because of my ghetto lens?
2. If I got a more expensive lens, would this help? Or is this why we have Photoshop?
3. The bottom picture - is this too much color? I like vibrant photos but I think I might have gone overboard. How can I tell ? What do you think?
Any opinions/tips would be greatly appreciated, my lovelies.

15 comments:
I'm emailing you! I PROMISE! tonight....
I really like the second one-I think it looks great to have the colors so vibrant-I'm no expert, so that is just my humble opinion :)
I like the 2nd. I didn't realize she was that dirty, ha. I bet he bath water was a a nice color afterward.
the, not he, woops
If you have an SLR camera I know canon's website offers some sort of tutorials. My brother told me they helped him a lot and they just teach the basics not specific to canon. I would check out the web site of whatever camera you have to see if they have anything that might help. Good luck...I'm still trying to figure my camera out as well!
Loving this picture or Ruby, my camera sucks and I desperately need a new one too, I will need a lot of help when I get my new one too, so once you get this down I will be coming to you.
http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com/2007/12/photographer-q-and.html
This photographer did a Q & A on her blog that I found quite helpful.
http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com
/2007/12/photographer-q-and.html
oops, here's the whole address!
Annie, I photoshop most of my pictures. It's a beautiful thing. However, I do have a kind of junky lense (hoping to upgrade soon) so I guess I can't tell you 100%. I know when you are paying 2000 dollars for a lense youre going to get good color. But till then, fake it! Your picture looks SUPERB!! I think the colors are perfect and I think that soon, with your artistic talents, we will be coming to YOU with all our photog. questions. GOOD LUCK!! Looks like you are already figuring this out!
When you get a 2000 dollar lens, I want my minw back...in fact I'll have a list.
Your money obviously won't be going to braces on this girl though. She'll be able to take on Garlock sized teeth, no problem.
My lovely wife will chime in at some point, but I'll tell you what she will recommend: A new lens. Apparently it fixes all photographic ills.
Sorry if you get a million blank comments from me :) I was having a sign-in problem.
I totally love the shot! Totally captures the moment!
Well, you should probably take Jesse or Betsy's advice over mine, but I think it's just a matter of exposure. I like the second one, myself. I personally don't have a $2000 lens, so I can't tell you what difference that would make! So you can fix the exposure in Photoshop, or change the settings to get it the way you want from the camera. I just read the book "Understanding Exposure" which was helpful for me. Can't wait to see more!
I love it --- I can't wait to see more. We can tweak and alter the heck out of every picture, post the results you find would ya!
I am not a photo guru but I like the second one and think if we've got photo shop and time left in the world to live, who needs a swankier lense?
Remember that picture you, me, E and Katie Weaver (now Waldron, having a baby in 2 months, by the way) took that picture at EFY Santa Barbara and E and I are wearing matching outfits ALL DAY for that Talent Show thingy where we sang that "Sisters" song? We took it to SavOn or something to develop them and we all looked orange of face? Now THAT is what I call a photo problem.
Peace out!
Annie...I would say 2 things... One is I do think it looks underexposed. And two, since her face is in a shadow, it makes it look more grey "washed out". You could try messing with what white balance you choose in that particular lighting (i.e. shade). If you look at her hair, it is very warm around the edges. Maybe that difference is why your automatic white balance was on the grey side(I am assuming your camera was set to automatic.) The focus looks great. I love the moment, and yes, I photoshop everything (levels is my one of my best friends)! It is way too easy to look at a picture after the fact and see what you would do differently next time =0). I love the edit, and I can't wait to see more =0).
Post a Comment