Sunday, January 06, 2008

New friends

The other day, I finally got a frame for this picture.











I was taking the insert shown below out of the new frame when the following dialogue took place:

Ruby: Why are you taking that picture of those people out?
Me: So I can put in a picture of you.
Ruby: Don't you like those people?
Me: I don't know those people.
Ruby: So...what are you going to do with that picture?
Me: Throw it away. It's trash.
Ruby: What if we hung it up on the refrigerator?
Me: Why? We don't know them. It's just there to show you where a photo should go.
Ruby: What if I hung it in my room?
Me: The frame?
Ruby: No, this picture of these people.
Me: Why do you want to hang this picture in your room?
Ruby: So people will know we know them.
Me: But we don't.
Ruby: Well, now we do. We have their picture.

I was relaying the story to Ruby's Grandma and in her best "What Ruby Wants, Ruby Must Get" voice, Grandma Caren said "Well, did you give it to her?"

Yes. Yes I did.

13 comments:

Jessie Riley said...

this reminds me of the episode of Friends where Pheobe's grandma shows her all of the picture "inserts" and tell her they are her family. :)
Too funny!

john said...

glorious

DianeM said...

So cute, that girl cracks me up. I'm catching up on blogs after weeks of travel and houseguests. Hopefully you've recieved your Cannon and are loving it. We really love ours. Also, I'd love an invite to the healthy hog blog. I think you have my e-mail?

Kristen said...

Greatest. Mom. Ever.

Audra Bollard said...

So funny. Man, nothing gets past that girl!

Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a grandma. Mine must both be fighting for me on the other side because I've been getting pretty much eveything I want. Go Grandmas!

[alisar] said...

A little girl I used to babysit cut out a picture from a JCPenney circular because she thought it looked like me. I was so flattered, although admittedly I wished it could have been from a slightly cooler catalogue.

Chereebee said...

holy crap - that is the funniest thing ever! She is HILARIOUS like her mama!!!

katri said...

what a cute girl! That cracks me up! :)

Emily said...

this post is an example of why i check your blog everyday...multiple times. i love you and your family!

Graham Fam said...

This is so awesome. I just love how she thinks. She is so proud of her new found friends.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

What a riot! You are such a good mom! =)

[RochelleG] said...

She seriously has the absolute BEST personality!