Friday, January 18, 2008
You Know Those Monkeys at the Zoo?
Ruby was a pretty mellow baby and toddler. She didn't throw huge tantrums, she didn't flush my jewelry down the toilet, she didn't smear peanut butter all over the walls; she was remarkably kind to me. Before Ruby was diagnosed with the big D and I was oh-so-naive, May was born. She instantly had health issues and was more temperamental. I remember thinking "Oh, this kid is going to do me in." She got RSV, had asthma, eczema, acid reflux, torticollis and needed physical therapy. Then Ruby turned 3 and just days later was diagnosed. I thought "Oh, so this is why she's been so nice to me. She was saving it all up." The tables had turned and Ruby had become my "problem child." Now a year and a half later, she's on the pump and we've got it all figured out. May has been 2 years old for almost 3 months now. I regret to report that my original thoughts about May being a bigger hand full may have been confirmed as of this morning. I wake up to her screaming. Ruby, who truly delights in being the bearer of bad news, runs into May's room, and runs back out into the hallway hollering "May's naked and everything's covered in poop!" I will go no further with the story, nor will I post any pictures. Your welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Who wouldn't love to hear that fresh out of a night's slumber? Have fun with the Lysol and beyond, hope it all goes ok!
my kids love to switch up on me which one is the problem child. it keeps life interesting, and i suppose as long as they don't decide to all be the problem child at the same time, i guess i'll survive...
I am so sorry...I'm glad you can't see me laughing. I laugh now, but I am still the naive one!
Oh that's horrible! Good luck cleaning it all up....
By the way, I once saw a monkey eat its poop at the zoo-I really hope that May isn't doing that. If I'm wrong, good luck at the urgent care today.
Oh. SO Sorry! I am not evening laughing. I hope your day gets better and isn't quite as poopy. =}
2 year-olds are truly the refiner's fire. if we have another baby it will completely depend on if I live until Luke's 3rd birthday. Glad to hear I'm not alone . . .
Oh the joys of motherhood!
that has always been my worst nightmare. And why I always put rhys in some sort of pants, he just figured out a few months ago he could take them off whenever he wanted. I wish I was one of those mamas who could just let their kid sleep or play in a diaper, I couldn't do it. Again, worst nightmare. Phew. I'm so sorry it happened to you!
Oh my gosh. FUN things for me to look forward to! :) Same thing happened to my sister in law and her son. Aye!
ok you dont know who i am, but i was friends with mac growing up so i kond of know Go. that same thing happened to me about a month ago. the worst part was that it was all over her crib tent which royally sucked to try and clean. she just turned 2 a couple weeks ago and is starting to poop other places that just her crib. oh the fun i have.
I'll tell you and then you'll really think I'm cheap. That's why I need eveyones input. I need to decide if I need to change my ways. I pay $2.50 an hour per kid, so $5 an hour. I am cheap! Maybe sitters don't want to sit for me and tell all their freidns I'm cheap? UGH!
Yes, that is disgusting. That is why my little grossies wear onesies until after their 3rd birthday. Well, that and they aren't potty trained yet which sucks. Anyway, I knew you were blogging now, but now that I have found it, I can't stop reading. You ruined me and made me neglect my children for about 4 hours tonight. Dang you! Seriously, you are the funniest person I know, but Ruby is a close 2nd. I'll never be bored again, not that I really have time for boredom anyway, three disgusting boys and a newborn, I don't think so.
AWWW Crap!
This really is horrible. I'm sorry.
My nephew did this a few times to my sister in law.
A diaper pin (and I mean the kind with the larger plastic head that keeps the poker thing in there secure - safety first!) through the zipper at the top of her sleeper will prevent this from ever happening again. I had to employ this tactic with all three of you "industrious" children of mine.
Oh Annie, I can only chuckle, because we've had this many times...x3! THANK GOODNESS we were still living in rentals at the time! I don't know that the smell ever went away!
Poopalicious story.
oh sick, at least she didn't eat it.
ps...this is Rochelle...I'm on my husbands computer!
Man, you've had your share of problems. I didn't know all that May had went through. You poor thing. I think of Ruby all the time with her Diabetes, probably more than you know. I always mean to write you a personal email to check in on you. My niece got diagnosed around 14 months and she is 7 now, but I went out to help her and it is so so hard. You are definitely an amazing mom in so many ways.
Post a Comment