Friday, February 01, 2008

How Bout Some Gold Bracelets?

Tomorrow, I have a real photography gig: a one-year old's birthday bash in a poorly lit building. And I have a major aversion to flash photography, so this could be interesting. I'm actually going to take Ruby today to the place to case the joint. If I know what to expect and do a run through, I think it will help me be more confident and definitely make my images better. And tomorrow, I have to look like I know what I'm doing. Hey, stop laughing!

For this reason, I cannot get the following dialogue out of my head, especially Kip's classic line. I may look like Uncle Rico (thanks for pointing that one out, Alisa) but I do a mean Kip impression.

Uncle Rico: We also need some way to make us look official, like we got all the answers.
Kip: How bout some gold bracelets?
Uncle Rico: We need like some name tags with our picture on it, all laminated and what not. I mean, we gotta look legit, man!

Now, this guys looks legit:

5 comments:

Tam said...

Good luck tomorrow, you'll do fab. Where do you find such quirky funny pictures?

Julie said...

You'll be great! Especially if you wear a gold bracelet. You might want to see if any local photo shops rent equipment, having a bounce flash is a HUGE improvement over the regular one. That might eat into your profits a little :( Also, your camera should take pretty decent pics at 800 ISO, unless this person is ordering huge prints. For what it's worth :)

[BrookeO] said...

Oh la la, I can't wait to see how it goes. It will go wonderfully I have no doubt. Everyone hates the flash but it can be a good thing. Set your ISO right and you could get some cool pics or you could buy a bigger flash, I love mine.

Goodluck!
PS make sure you have your camera card in!

Leilana Warren said...

Hope your big gig went well! I so hope you looked like super photog guy! :)

Graham Fam said...

The photo shoot was a success. Love it. Also loving this great picture of this guy. Where do you find them?