When my Mom was in town awhile ago, she let Ruby pick out some rain boots. These are what she was immediately drawn to:

Hearts, the color purple and cats. Three of my most unfavorite things. I tried to steer her towards these, but to no avail:

Oh well. So when Ruby first got these hideous devil-cat boots, she wanted to wear them all the time, which was fine but I kept finding her wearing them without socks on. I had forgotten what I had told her that made her finally start wearing socks. I was reminded yesterday with the following conversation:
Me: Rubes, get your boots on, quick, quick. We have to go to the mail box.
Ruby: Where are my socks?
Me: Don't worry about your socks, just throw your boots on. Hurry, we're going to miss the mail man.
Ruby: (shrieking) BUT I CAN'T WEAR MY BOOTS WITHOUT MY SOCKS ON! YOU SAID!
Me: Stop yelling. We'll be in the car for like 30 seconds, you'll be ok this time.
Ruby: (inbetween a shriek, a wail and a sob) BUT YOU SAID IF I WORE MY BOOTS WITHOUT MY SOCKS, MUSHROOMS WOULD GROW IN BETWEEN MY TOES!
Oh yeah...so that was how I got her to start wearing socks...
9 comments:
lol
In true Ruby fashion...HILARIOUS!
Annie!
Your blog is one of the highlights of my day...sad- I know!
But you're always blogging or writing something great up. It's just the way you blog. I love it!
And I just wanted to say that whenever I'm at the gym, and I see a spin class going on- I think of your funny spin stories. "You can't have kids!" It makes me smile.
Thanks for blogging!
Lins
Cali's got those same boots (her pick as well) and I'm going to tell her the same thing. Those things can get s-t-i-n-k-y if you're not careful!
the things we tell our kids...I love it!
(oh and purple is my fav. color...!!!)
Mushrooms in between your toes eh? I'm going to have to use that one.
ANNIE!!! I love this--I love that I can see and hear about your life without it going through all the Auntie's first!:) Ruby wins the laugh until you pee your pants award for sure. I've been craving the lake lately...just a quiet lazy afternoon on the blue floaties!:)
Your stories and anecdotes always bring a ray of light to my day! :) Hope I'm as diligent about documenting and sharing once my chillens arrive. :)
This is awesome! I love the creative things we come up with to get them to do things we want. She sure was afraid of those mushrooms.
Post a Comment