Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow day



Yesterday Go got home around 4:30 which probably has never happened before (but still an 11 hour day, ah such is life as a resident.) It had snowed all day so he and Ruby went sledding down the big hill in the park behind our house. They had a blast. And as you can see, he was very proud of his tapered jeans with the flannel lining. Because of the snow, my Primary Presidency meeting for that night was canceled, too. Maybe snow isn't so bad.
Ok. I wrote this before I went out to shovel our driveway for the first time ever. My neighbors keep doing it for us (we don't have a shovel or salt yet) and I was guilted into going out and doing it with them. They are such nice people. Anyway, here is the aftermath of me shoveling the driveway (without a hat or gloves - don't have those either) while it sleeted outside. Check out my nasty battle wounds. My hair, which has never looked so lovely as it does in this picture, is frozen stiff and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to have some toes removed. I take back what I said earlier. Snow is evil, just as I always suspected.

5 comments:

KatieB said...

buy some salt and go back to loving snow while you have to put up with it... there's nothing more fun than getting snow days from school (or church getting cancelled!).

Annie said...

...says the woman who lives in san diego...

Kristen said...

Don't worry, your hair would have looked just the same with a hat. Instead it would be sweaty-wet, not ice-wet! I did the shoveling yesterday. ugh. When I walked in rhys was screaming from his nap. So I ran in there and he looked at me and goes, "Ucky." nice....

Please tell me you read this: My fav author of children-stuff-ness:

http://www.benandbirdy.blogspot.com/

[alisar] said...

Brandon is lookin' good in those pegged pants! He should not wear them out in the snow, I imagine they got him a lot of points along the interview trail.
And YOU are lookin' scrumptious with your frozen hair and blister. Strong showing for the Reynolds and their homeless children. Too bad this is an exception for you guys and the rule for us.

Audra Bollard said...

i think i saw that same expression on your face a few times during the winter of our sophomore year. glad i can always count on someone else who hates the snow as much as i do!