
The only celebrity I have ever been told that I look like is Brett Butler from the 90's sit-com "Grace Under Fire" and I was in 9th grade when I was told that. That piece of information was not taken well. "Great, I look like a 40 year old angry Southern woman", I thought. And really, I don't know why I thought that because I don't remember ever watching the show so how did I know she was angry and Southern? I probably walked into my parents room while my Dad was watching it. The man will watch anything. Cops, Le Femme Nikita, The Three Stooges, Hannah Montana, Reno 911, One Tree Hill, Grizzly Adams, Saved by the Bell, Real World, Cheaters, Las Vegas, The Little Rascals, Party of Five, That 70's Show, Friends, Boy Meets World, Wild Fire. The list goes on and on. I believe I have even seen "7th Heaven" cross his TV screen. And for those of you who were introduced to Gilmore Girls by any member of the Garlock family, you have my dad to thank for it. But I digress. So apparently in 9th grade I looked like Brett Butler and looking back I probably did due to the Eyebrow Tweezing Mishap of '93 that I was still recovering from a year later. Eyebrows take a long time to grow back in, just in case you were wondering and if you were that means you've never had a plucking fiasco as devestating as mine, which you should thank your lucky stars for right now. Someday I will blog the history of my eyebrows. It will be rivoting, let me tell you. Hilariously sad, really. Anyway I have really foxy friends who get told they look like celebs all the time - Julia Stiles, Drew Barrymore, Meg Ryan, Elizabeth Berkley, Cameron Diaz, Evangeline Lily, Kirsten Dunst, etc. (you cute little punks know who you are.) And my darling husband gets told he looks like actors all the time as well.



Before we were married, there was a gaggle of girls who lived in the Colony Apartments who called him "Sunshine" from "Remember the Titans." A big part of that was the hair of course but more recently, he's gotten Heath Ledger from "Brothers Grimm" which I TOTALLY see, Brad Pitt which I see a little bit sometimes and then some guy that was on a WB (or should I say CW) show that was cancelled but I can't remember the name of it. I should ask my Dad; he'd know. There was one time when Go and I were up at Sundance during the film festival and we went Adolf's - a deliciously shmancy restaurant that his uncle was graciously taking us to, which is a great memory to this day. When we walked in, there were several tables of people who turned around and wouldn't stop jabbing each other and staring, particularly at me. Go was convinced they thought I was someone famous which looking back now, we were still newly dating then so he was probably just saying that to win me over but I'd like to think that they thought I was an indie actress. But most likely they probably thought Brett Butler had just entered the building.
4 comments:
I laughed when you wrote about the eyebrows. I remember you telling me once that your mom & you called plucking some of those pesky top eyebrow hairs "harvesting." Random, I know, but for some reason I never forgot that.
at least no one ever told you you looked like charlie from willie wonka and the chocolate factory....
whatever, julia stiles.
People never mistake me for someone famous, but I am constantly being told that I look like their niece, hairdresser, mail person, another teacher they once had-one of my students' told me, during my first year of teaching, so I was 22, that I looked exactly like his friend's mom,-so, what you're saying is, I look 35? Does this all mean I have an anonymous face? I'm a shape shifter?
Post a Comment