Saturday, February 24, 2007

Drunk blogging


I saw an interview with Zach Braff (J.D. from Scrubs) and he was talking about drunk blogging, comparing it to drunk calling. I guess I was drunk blogging last night, minus the alcohol. I was drunk on sleep deprevation. I don't worry like that all the time, just at night when I can't sleep. And the answers to all those questions that swirl around in my head all night long are so much more clear during the day. Such as "am I happy?" The answer is "yes." Because I am for the most part. There are some uniquely tough elements about my life but I think most people can say that about their lives and I really don't want to be the "woe is me" kind of person because of how blessed my family and I have been despite the health issues, quasi-single parenthood, etc. Anyway, I just get the winter blah's big time and then insomnia on top of it, my world starts to look pretty bleak. But after the snow melts, the sun peeks out and warms the air and its springtime, suddenly all is right with the world and I start sleeping like a normal person again. So I just have to make it through March and a little of April and I'm good to go. Reading my blog from last night depressed me and I don't want to be a downer so here's a cute picture of May. I don't know if you'll be able to see them, but I put pigtails in her hair and they are so so cute - they stick straight out. Not only is she super cute, she is truly a joy and captures the hearts of everyone around her. She has half of our ward here wrapped around her little finger. No matter how weird I get in my head, when I think about her I can smile.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I was like, drunk blogging??? I thought she didn't drink? than I caught up on the last blog and was like, "ohhhh."

Hang in there....I have the same moments as you. And last night, when the power went out and aaron called at 6pm to tell me he was coming home early from work, and it was 6:50 and he still wasn't home from the normally 5 minute drive....all sorts of worry went thru my head and I almost exploded. But instead i lit candles, let rhys have a little flashlight of his own and prayed we had batteries for the radio. and a minute after 7 Aaron was home. And yes, I cried.

But several hours later we had power and the only thing that got damaged in the blizzard/ice storm of 2007 was the icecream i left outside in the snow (since the power was supposed to be out all night...we were lucky) that the raccoons ate. ha ha...fat raccoons!

That's what you're missing in Iowa...and I miss you!

PS...aaron still had to go into work today, even tho there is no power on in the store. they are stocking shelves, in their coats, using flashlights. Probably the stupidest thing i've ever heard. And i'm really ticked off about it.