
I have decided on a composition and finally found ways to jump the hurdles this little piece was giving me. I solved my violent violin bow problem – have his elbow more outstretched and not let the bow stick out. Another problem I was having is that their positioning wasn’t conveying togetherness at all, so I just stuck them together. I usually like some negative space between figures because I like negative space but I’m hoping the chair and the lanterns provide interesting negative space shapes. And I stuck him on a chair because I really need to get rid of this chair fascination and onto something else. Who knows what it will be. It’s also the same reason why I put little paper lanterns in the scene, too. They are something else I quite haven’t rid my mind of and I’d like to--they're getting old. The bouquet she’s holding, as much as I like the flowers falling off of it and the fun patterns it could yield, I just can’t let myself do it--a bouquet makes it too kitchy. Yitchy, kitchy, yah-yah-dah-dah.
I have a tendancy to like my initial rough sketches better than the final product. I haven’t found a way to yet to get my finished piece look as fresh as they do in their beginning stages. I’m hoping to do that with this one but I feel like this composition doesn’t even have that raw edge that I’m talking about because I’ve sketched it so many times. I’d also like to try a different style on this one, too. I really really like this one artist but I cannot think of his name right now, anyway, he’s very primitive and minimalistic and I’d like my stuff to be more like that.
Anyway, I’ll have something more interesting to post next time – something cute about my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment