Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ruby-isms

My daughter Ruby is extremely funny. So is May, but since Ruby can talk and May just sings and grunts still, she wins. Here are some of her latest funnies:


-This is a pic I took today of her and May "having a picnic." Ok, not that funny, but dang cute.

-Brandon (if he's here) and I pray with her every night before she goes to bed. (Can you hear our angel wings flapping?) Last night the consensus was to pray kneeling by the couch rather than her bedside because I am sick (hence the flood of posts lately and no, I'm not pregant - I have flu/pink eye) and didn't feel good enough to walk upstairs. So Brandon and Ruby were already kneeling and I was dragging my feet and still just sitting there. Ruby, getting impatient, said "Let's pray, punk!" and then burst out laughing. And rightfully so.

-A couple of weeks ago, she was extremely constipated. After sitting with her for awhile and giving her warm water to drink, she finally went. From the bathroom, she yelled excitedly "Mom! I think I just pooped out a bone!"

-After getting back from my figure drawing session, Brandon told me that while I was gone, Ruby asked where I was. He said "An art class" and she said "Well, she sure is taking her sweet time."

-The other night, I told her it was time for bed and she said "I can't go to bed Mom. I'm allergic."

-Tonight we had pasta that had crumbled bacon in it. She pointed to the bacon and asked what it was and I told her it was bacon. She said "What's it's nibble name?" and started nibbling her bacon and laughing. This is particularly funny because "What's your middle name?" is a question she asks everyone she meets and she knows she does it often. Oh great. The puns are starting already.

4 comments:

bethany said...

That made me laugh-and wish that I could someday meet her, but will she be disappointed by my lack of a middle name? I'm worried that Jakson will be dreadfully dull. I'm going to pray for his sense of humor tonight.

bethany said...

One thing I am not worried about is his lack of self-esteem. He loves to stare and smile at himself in the mirror and recently he's started clapping everytime he does something he finds entertaining. So, what will that make him? Dull but full of himself? Not sure. Oh and I tried to teach him your GUAM cheer, thinking that maybe the cheerleading gene was passed on from his father, but he's not the quickest pupil, so I've decided to trade his bedtime story for a nightly cheer practice.

Audra Bollard said...

Hmmmm, Ruby is pretty, artistic, and witty to boot--she must take after her mother! I would expect nothing less.

I read in a parenting book once (I used to read those back when I was pregnant with Ethan and still optimistic about parenting), that an indicator of a "gifted" child is an early sense of humor. So, whenever our boys does something funny Will & I sarcastically say to each other that they must be "gifted" for sure!

Audra Bollard said...

p.s. - I hope you feel better!