So I had this dream last night (which fulfilled my usual requirements of taking place in a big place filled with a lot of people and involving a celebrity) and while I was having it, I totally wasn't aware it was a dream. I was at my ten year high reunion, which oddly enough, was taking place during a civil war reenactment on the lawn/parking lot of my old condo building in Iowa. I was sitting on a wall with a hand full of old guy friends. We were all in the same class for fourth, fifth and sixth grades together and remained friends throughout middle and high school. What bond could be stronger than seeing each other seriously wear M.C. Hammer pants? Your epidermis is showing! So we were reminiscing the time we made our old music teacher cry, when out of the building walks the lead singer of My Morning Jacket. He is bare chested, wearing a floofy flowered shower cap, a towel around his waist and is carrying a shower caddy with a large loofah sticking out of it. After successfully dodging a bunch of Yankees beating up a Confederate, he walks across the parking lot and one of the garage doors in the row of garages opens to reveal a steaming hot tub. He climbs into it and starts bathing himself, scrubbing under his arms and singing with bubbles rising up all around like he's in a cartoon. I see this and thinking this is actually happening, I say (in real life, out loud in my sleep) "Oh, this is blogging GOLD," and my own voice saying "Oh, this is blogging GOLD," wakes me up. And I will admit I was seriously disappointed this didn't happen in real life because I really wanted to blog about it. So I did anyway. I think I need a break from blogging. It's infiltrating my dreams.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
It's not the dream that makes you weak, It's not the night that makes you sleep
So I had this dream last night (which fulfilled my usual requirements of taking place in a big place filled with a lot of people and involving a celebrity) and while I was having it, I totally wasn't aware it was a dream. I was at my ten year high reunion, which oddly enough, was taking place during a civil war reenactment on the lawn/parking lot of my old condo building in Iowa. I was sitting on a wall with a hand full of old guy friends. We were all in the same class for fourth, fifth and sixth grades together and remained friends throughout middle and high school. What bond could be stronger than seeing each other seriously wear M.C. Hammer pants? Your epidermis is showing! So we were reminiscing the time we made our old music teacher cry, when out of the building walks the lead singer of My Morning Jacket. He is bare chested, wearing a floofy flowered shower cap, a towel around his waist and is carrying a shower caddy with a large loofah sticking out of it. After successfully dodging a bunch of Yankees beating up a Confederate, he walks across the parking lot and one of the garage doors in the row of garages opens to reveal a steaming hot tub. He climbs into it and starts bathing himself, scrubbing under his arms and singing with bubbles rising up all around like he's in a cartoon. I see this and thinking this is actually happening, I say (in real life, out loud in my sleep) "Oh, this is blogging GOLD," and my own voice saying "Oh, this is blogging GOLD," wakes me up. And I will admit I was seriously disappointed this didn't happen in real life because I really wanted to blog about it. So I did anyway. I think I need a break from blogging. It's infiltrating my dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Annie. I'm still waiting for your song recommendation for Kendall's wedding video. Don't tell me you have better things to do than come up with a good love song for me. Hook me up! I have slideshow maker's block. (cousin to writer's block, who I don't think you've met yet.)
Are you for real? Kendall is getting married? Whoa. We are old.
I'm having issues with this. I don't really listen to love songs. And any that I do are too melancholy or kind of bitter, which is very un-weddingy. Does she have green eyes? Coldplay's "Green Eyes" is pretty. Does she have brown eyes because there's always "Brown Eyed Girl" which is always a crowd pleaser, even with us blue eyed folk. There's always "Sweetest Thing" by U2 but that's probably way overdone. You could go the oldies route and play "Hey Baby" (that song that was in Dirty Dancing) or any number of Beatles song. Also, I'm not in front of my iTunes on my computer, which is majorly handicapping me. Let's see. "Hold You In My Arms" by Ray LaMontagne is great. Hits me right there. "Everyone" by Van Morrison is really good, though it's not really a love song but I'm thinking it would go well with pictures of a little girl growing up. "Girl" by Beck or "Funny Little Frog" by Belle and Sebastian are kinda quirky if she's a quirky girl. "When U Love Somebody" by Fruit Bats is really good, but it doesn't really have to do with any girl in particular, just love in general. I don't know. I'm kind of at a loss, especially since I don't know her, ya know? Good luck. I don't envy you one bit--that's a big job.
P.S. - I still completely stand by my "American Boy" pick. It's such a fun song to spin to because of that beat and it keeps my black peeps happy.
Thanks for the recommendations Annie. Some good ones in there...but you're in luck. I found the perfect one. "All I want is you" by Barry Louis Polisar from the Juno soundtrack. So I've go that, "Beautiful Man" by Mason Jennings, "Passenger Seat" by Death Cab, and "I Just Love You" by Five for Fighting to close it out. Tell me that's not a good line-up.
Yep. Kendall is getting married. The guy is 25 already so yes we're old. But I'm older. I just hit the big three-oh a few weeks ago. My back already started hurting more than usual.
Thanks again. Anytime you need an idea for something un-artsy and un-creative I'm your guy.
Post a Comment