I know there are some of you out there that might not believe some of the conversations I put on here to be entirely true. Though sometimes I write things that aren't true for humor's sake (which I try to make obvious when I do), all of my conversations are pretty exact to the actual conversation that took place. No embelishments, no exaggerations, not even for humors sake. So believe me when I tell you that this entire conversation really, truly took place in my spin room this morning.
Me: (to my class) So I'm going home in a couple of weeks and John will be subbing. Be nice to him, ok guys? (Oh how I love my fitness-instructor banter. Blehck.)
Spinner who's pretty new to the class: Oh, where's home?
Me: California.
Spinner: Where abouts in California? (They always say "where abouts" out here.)
Me: Orange County.
Spinner: (Eyes widen to the size of salad plates) You're from there?
Me: Yep.
Spinner: But you're so down to earth!
Me: Um, thanks.
Spinner: I never thought I'd meet someone from Orange County.
Me: Well. it's your lucky day. (Ha-ha. Ho-ho.)
Spinner: I just can't believe you're from there. Born and raised?
Me: Not born, but raised.
Spinner: I would have never guessed it! You look nothing like what I've seen on TV, like on those shows.
Me: Yah, don't believe everything you watch.
Spinner: (totally ignoring what I just said) I mean, it's just that you never wear makeup. You're hair's always up and kind of messy. No jewelry. You come in always looking like you just rolled out of bed.
Me: Um...
Spinner: I mean, not that those are bad things, I just would have thought someone from Orange County would present themselves differently.
Me: Uh...I don't know, I'm just kind of like that, especially at the gym and you're right...most of the time I have just rolled out of bed...but um...uh...So how's that gel seat working out for you? Those really help make your crotch less sore when you're new to spinning. (what?)
I've decided that the more one attends a gym, the less tact one begins to have.
8 comments:
Yeah, I so get ready for the gym too. You are not alone!
Sheesh...I would have said, "throw me a freakin bone."
Unbelievable! Hilarious, but seriously unbelievable!
The first time I met you (at Y groups) I thought you looked like the quintessential CA girl--in a GOOD way, not in a overdone, botox-ed, reality-show way.
I die a little every time I have to explain that I now live in Irvine and someone says "Oh, like the OC & Laguna Beach!?"
Present themselves differently...What?!! It's a freaking gym. You are suppose to look like that! I hope that gel cushion got him in an uncomfortable place!
Annie everytime I saw you at the gym I thought you looked great! People and there mouths sometimes they need to shut it. Do I know this person:)?
People around here seem surprised/shocked when I tell them I'm from CA, too. I don't think people realize how many absolutely fabulous people come from there...northern and southern. ;)
Annie, I saw you right before the gym and I thought, "OMG, how cute is SHE!?" You were positively adorable. And what, was this person in stilettos and Vera Wang, or what?
p.s. I LOVE the ode to the cousins. I'll be reciprocating (sp?) on theschroederlife upon my arrival in Denver in a couple weeks.
I randomly found your blog and I have laughed at every single post.
Post a Comment