Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Day One of Tunic Making

Just to clarify, I am making two different tunics. One with one fabric, and one with the other. I don't even want to imagine what it would look like if I used both fabrics together.

So last night I finished the top part (except for the buttons) and I only messed up once! It felt good. I ironed on my fusible facing to the right side of the fabric, not the wrong side . Woops.

Sewing takes great concentration. I have to read everything out loud like 50 times to visualize everything in my brain. If you were a fly on my wall yesterday, you would have heard "Stitch RIGHT sides together. Stitch right sides TOGETHER. STITCH right sides together. Stitch right SIDES together."

3 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL! The vision of you reading aloud made me do it. Thanks for the good laugh. P.S. I LOVE your iPhone case. This is why I MUST learn to sew!

camie said...

Wow! You've been busy while I've been away. I have lots of reading to get caught up on!! Can't wait to see what I've missed. My mom made my girls matching dresses while we were in town. I'd like to see your girls in coordinating tunics, personally, all marching into sacrament meeting in step...and maybe a tie for Brandon, although I'm sure he would make it himself...and a suit to go with it.

MOMMACITA said...

Looking forward to a picture you take of yourself in Jerry Garcia's underpanties. At least that's what I'll be imagining because I'm just sick that way.