Thursday, April 12, 2007

Maybe I'm Really From Barcelona.

I have very vivid dreams. In them, I am always, ALWAYS in a communal-type living situation: camps, dorms, reunions, etc. surrounded by all kinds of people, sharing bathrooms, eating in loud cafeterias, living with/amongst people from mostly my past and sometimes a celebrity or two. The other night I dreamt I was at a summer camp with my old room mates from college and Eminem wanted to date me. Totally random. One of my most reoccuring dreams takes place in a high school gym where cots cover the floor - like in an emergency type situation without the emergency. In addition to communal living, I am almost always smoking in my dreams. The dreams do not focus on this, I'm just happen to be smoking a cigarette. This is most strange because I've never smoked, not even once. In case you were wondering, yes, I squeak. I don't know why I dream about living this way, I have theories, but anyway, it's been that way for the past several years. Tonight, I hope to dream about living in a high school gym with these people. I think it would be fun.

7 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

You know what I love about your blog (besides the posts, obviously), I love the random song quotes posted under the title. They make me laugh out loud. Do you ever get sick of being in a world where the rest of us (ie-people like me) are so boring?

KatieB said...

i don't know what to say about that :) i mostly have violent dreams with people chasing me and me fighting back as dirty as i can... weird. anyway, what i wanted to comment on was the more i look at your family easter picture the more i want to copy your hair. do you think i can pull it off? and you do look like elliott in it. elliott and your mom...

Julie said...

I think you should have been born in the 60s in San Fransisco. Your dreams are telling you you were born in the wrong time and place :) I never remember my dreams, except the ones where I dream something has happened to Grace and I wake up with my heart racing. I also did dream once that I was smoking--very vivid, I could totally feel it. and I have to say that (in my dream) it felt surprisingly good :) Wierd, because I think cigarettes would be disgusting in my conscious life.

dd... said...

That is really funny, I always find myself analyzing my dreams and for the most part I never understand them... the music video is great too!

EJ said...

annie i have FINALLY figured this out. sadie is about to fall off the couch so i've got to hurry but this is amazing. i have just seen oodles of blogs from old friends from forever ago. how fun is that? love the dresses on your girls. love you more! you're so fun and artsy with everything. how do you keep such a cool blog up?

[alisar] said...

I often dream about being an amputee. Most regularly it is one of my arms that is missing. The situation is never hopeless because there is generally a decent selection of prosthetic limbs lying around, none of which are exactly the right size, but I manage. One time, however, I had to make due with a very hairy, very long, black arm. In my dream, I had to wear this prosthesis on my first post-mission date with Chad. An unfortunate dilemma, but he pretended not to notice and we had a very nice time.

Shannon said...

That video was super random.