Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hunters and gatherers...and thieves

Ruby and May getting ready to go to a fun Easter Egg Hunt.

Ruby squealing with excitment. I just have to say, she was so, so good at the party -- she didn't even care that all the kids around her were eating gobs of candy. She asked if she could have some and I said "Just one" and she said "Because I have Diabetes?" Today, I was so sick of the stupid disease, I didn't want to acknowledge it, so I said "No, just because I'm a mean Mom." She laughed and said "No you're not. It's because I have Diabetes." and turned around and ran off to play. What a classy broad.

Ruby and May at the hunt.

This was taken right after I told Ruby she couldn't take any of May's pink eggs. Ruby really likes pink. Note May's utter glee.

See that egg in May's basket? She stole it very quietly out of another kid's basket. We've got a pick pocket in the making on our hands. Quick and nimble fingers.

Ruby, showing me an egg she found. Again, with the ghetto coat. Hee-hee -- someone at the party said "Oh, what a cute coat!" (just trying to be nice to "the new girl", I'm sure) and I almost started laughing. Obviously, she doesn't read this blog.

2 comments:

KatieB said...

i'm so sick of easter candy. i was thinking about you and ruby all day and what a miserable holiday this must be for you. what a good girl she is! i couldn't get over her ruby red lips and had to enlarge the picture to see if you had put lipstick on her :)

Audra Bollard said...

So cute! I just love kids at holidays--your girl's faces in those pictures right before the hunt just say it all--sheer joy! Life would be so boring if we didn't have kids, wouldn't it? Easier, but boring.