Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well Gee Willickers, Ma!

I just went out and picked some thyme out of my yard to put in our main dish tonight. This is the first "harvesting" I've ever done out of my own garden. It was wonderful. I felt so self sufficient-- stepping out my front door, walking a couple of feet, and bending down to pick the sprigs. I just stood there for awhile, looking at my precious little thyme sprigs, totally amazed, like "Wow. I actually grew something! And it thrived! And it smells divine!" Then I went back into my house and took off my bonnet and petticoat.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Someday I'm gonna garden, someday...

MOMMACITA said...

You make me laugh.

Dehner Family said...

Good for you. I bet your supper was delicious. (how much do you love that I used the word supper?)

Kristen said...

I can honestly say the fresh herbs are my fav part of my garden. This year I put them in a big planter, so when it gets cold I can keep them around longer! I hope it works.... For me, I just plant sweet basil, cilantro and rosemary - those are my favs!

Debbie said...

WOW----and you being a city girl and all!

camie said...

I'm in need of a new posting. I've read this one about a half dozen times. Where have you been since Tuesday? When you harvest your strawberries, give me a call and we can turn them babies into jam. ;)