Tuesday, June 24, 2008

His Name is Pending

I'm always on the lookout for good children's artwork; it's what I find to be most inspiring. And the nice thing is, it's not hard to come by. Children make way better artist than adults. A couple of days ago, I picked my kids up from the gym day care and a picture was sitting on the check in/check out table. It was a drawing of a smiling light pink octopus with one giant blue eyeball. Zap! I was inspired. I didn't have any good light pink felt on hand but I did have some red, so here is the start of what I think might be a wallet or maybe an iPhone cozy? Because when I do get my iPhone 3G, I want her to be cozy, that's why. And I shall name her Gloria, because though I have not confirmed it with babynames.com, I'm pretty sure Gloria means "glorious", which is what iPhone 3Gs are. They come out on my birthday--that's how *nsync Apple is with my body and soul. And yes, I just spelled it "*nsync", not "in sync." There's no going back now. Thanks a lot J.T.

Anyway, here is the start of my little guy. I'm still undecided on his name. It really all depends on how his smile turns out, which I'll be stitching on by hand, so we'll see if he turns out to be a Wilbur or a Gerard.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OK, it's official! You make me sick!

MOMMACITA said...

His Lady Gloria Tibbitts might feel honored that she shares a name with your iphone. But just in case, I'm going to wait until Saturday at 3:oo to inform her of the great news. PS It's highly appropriate that an iphone would have a cozy with one i.