Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blame It On the Beans and Cheese

Today I never made it to the grocery store like I was hoping, so for dinner, I opted for the cheapest/closest fast food option: Taco Bell. Blehck. I hate Taco Bell. No matter what you get, everything tastes the same--gordita, chalupa, bean burrito, crunchy taco, mexican pizza...it really doesn't matter. I try to remember this fact when they inevitably mess up my order--that no matter what I get, it will be gross.

I am a Del Taco snob. I grew up with one just right down the street. Their simple and heavenly chicken soft taco was a staple in my adolescent diet. I still crave them daily; they don't have Del Taco out in the east. Just Taco Bell. Or Taco Smell, as Go calls it. Or Taco Hell, as I call it. Because he's more righteous than I am.

I would make all kinds of dumb "Run for the Border" jokes about running for the toilet, but that's no longer their slogan and I like to keep up with the times. So tonight, because we gave into Taco Bell's plea to "Think Outside the Bun", we will shall "Stink Outside the Buns."

8 comments:

[alisar] said...

How is it that you make a mundane trip to a generic chain restaurant so fun to read about????

stephanie said...

mmmm. del taco chicken soft tacos are so good.

Coulter said...

Annie, you are so right. Every wednesday night sarah gets taco bell and i have to fight to get her to go to del taco so i can get my two delectable chicken soft tacos!

Jennifer said...

Oooh! There weren't any Del Tacos in WA until recently. Wouldn't you know, they're building one about 10 minutes away from me. Jealous?

Anonymous said...

Now I really wanna try a Del Taco. I'm a Taco Bueno snob though. I think they only have Bueno in the middle of the country and OMG, their queso is amazing!

I might have just decided on my fast food splurge for the week...thanks.

Kasey said...

Dell Taco made it safly to AZ a few years ago. I love that they offer Cherry Coke, crinkle fries and chicken tacos.
But I hafta admit, I'm a nasty girl I know, but I love Taco Bell!

Katie said...

I am with you, so nasty. Del Taco is so infinitely superior. Too bad there is a Taco Bell just a few blocks from my house and Del is a few miles away. I usually choose to drive the extra 10 minutes. Love the Del Classic Chicken Burrito. mmmm.

Dehner Family said...

Ha- that's funny. We call it Taco Hell too.