Sunday, June 15, 2008

Something Else Fun For Us

Go dropped Ruby off at a birthday party Saturday morning while I was playing gym-rat, so he and May went on a little daddy-daughter-date to a specialty grocery store here that we like. There, he picked up some root beer we love that had been out of stock for almost a year and got May got some chocolate milk and a cookie, so it was a big day for her too. We both got home around the same time and he's telling me about his trip and the root beer and I'm walking up the stairs to go shower and he calls after me, "Oh, and I got something else fun for us." If you don't live at our house, your heart might start racing just a bit at the prospect of something tasty: perhaps some fresh baked goods or maybe some organic fruit or quality dark chocolate. If you do live at our house, you know better. Your heart usually starts racing out of fear. This "something else fun" could be anything and it is most likely something that the majority of society thinks is gross: pickled herring, spicy dilled vegetables, seaweed salad, stinky cheese, matzo balls, wasabi peas, sauer kraut, anchovy paste. Oh, the possibilities. "What is it?" I ask cautiously. "I got us some goat's milk!" he exclaims just like he would exclaim "I just found 20 bucks in my pocket!" Life with Go is never boring. Thank goodness.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

For some reason, I think it is gross drinking milk from goats. I don't know why I don't think it's gross drinking milk from cows. It's not like cows are any better looking than goats.

camie said...

Either your head grew or that's the smallest gallon of milk I've ever seen.

KatieB said...

ew.

Leilana Warren said...

Nice. It looks like this little jug of bubble bath I bought. That is the smalled milk jug I have ever seen, I must say. :)

Meredith said...

did it have a film of yellowish bubbles on the top when you poured it into a mug, all nice and warm for sleeping assistance? or was that just the milk straight from a cow that i had to drink on my mission, and promptly vomited?

Cassie said...

You guys kill me! At least it wasn't Pickled Pig's Feet, now that is disgusting! Hey when are you coming out to LV or Zions? I want to hire you for a family picture one day or shots of the kids. I can't get over what a good photographer you are. Oh wait, and painter for that manner. I walk passed your gorgeous Pennsylvania in the fall painting hanging above our fireplace every day. You're famous around here!

[JennyB] said...

So, how does it taste?

Annie said...

I did not partake.

Kurt & Shawn said...

My sweet little Annie: I was reared several years on Goats milk in the fair valley of the Idaho and I find myself nannying every now and again for no reason. Stay the course, do not partake. Words of wisdom from your Favorite Auntie!!

Beth said...

Goats milk is nasty, as is any goat's milk product. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Kristen said...

The scary thing is I was making the same face as you when I scrolled down and saw your face. Freaky....and totally gross.