Thursday, June 05, 2008

Birds!

I really like birds. During my Hitchcock phase though (which was...when was it E & Merz? Like 1993 - 1996 maybe?), I really, really didn't. At the time, I also seemed to be quite the target for their poop. On the way to school, walking home from school, just laying on the beach, standing in line at an amusement park...and it didn't matter if I was with 20 people or alone, the birds would find me and splat! Right in my hair every time. But like many other things that went on during middle school and high school (like walking into the girls locker room early in the morning to find that I had just interupted a makeout session between two teachers) I've healed and moved on and in fact, embraced. Not so much my kissing teachers but stuff like...David Hasselhoff due to the 2006 release of the best/worst music video/song I've ever seen/heard.



Anyway, I like birds now.

I like birds so much that I'd like some things with birds in my house...besides the creepy drawings of my parents in my downstairs halfbath. WHICH I STILL LIKE.

So I'm in the process of making the bird drawing I did awhile ago into a painting and making some refurbished plates with bird sillouhettes in the middle like they did at the Method Party that I would have loved to have gone to on DesignMom's site. I'll let you know when I have the final results. In the meantime, may The Hoff be with you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd really rather watch the "...Conchords" sing "Business Time."

Meredith said...

the hoff is with me. therefore i find myself capable of remembering that the pecking killer years were indeed the years of '93 a la '96.

Mandy said...

ooh, I love the bird one on Sara Cihat's website:
http://www.sarahcihat.com/sweet/rehab%27dishware.html
The Hoff scares me, especially after he was on broadway for awhile in Jekyll & Hyde.

MOMMACITA said...

I've never seen/heard of that video and it gave me the willies. Couldn't watch only but 10 seconds. An old guy inviting young girls into his car? CREEPY

Annie said...

Auntie Diana: Do you want to come live at my house?

Mandy: Yah, I really liked that one too and the with the feather overlapping--very cool.

Mommacita: Not only is it creepy, but it's so ridiculously bad and if you watched more than 10 seconds of it, you would see some of the worst white-man dancing you've ever seen in your life. And that is why it's so bad, it's good.

[alisar] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
[alisar] said...

I will personally take down anyone else who has negative words about the Hoff. You've been warned...

Beth said...

I have no words for the Hasselhoff dancing. I watched, with my mouth agape. It was like watching a horrible car crash. You don't want to watch, but you can't look away. I may have nightmares tonight. There's a reason he's only big in Europe.

Anonymous said...

matt and I saw the episode of Conchords last friday that showcased the boys learned how to give "the bird". It made me love birds too. Sooooo funny.
ps. I remember that bird picture in your parent's home. Good times.

Debbie said...

I am sure he was doing some kind of a spoof and not serious. That is my theory and I'm stickin' to it.

camie said...

creepy man, creepy girls, creepy expressions, creepy dancing. terrible video. just terrible.

Jennifer said...

I saw a seagull poop in the median when I was driving on the freeway today and I pictured you standing right where it landed. It made me chuckle.