Friday, June 06, 2008

Birds! Continued

Here's the bird painting.

I did the bottom layer in acrylics and then went in with oils on top in parts. I like some of it. Like with every painting I do, there are a bunch of things that bug me. Take my initials down in the corner. I never sign my stuff because I feel like it takes away from the images but this time, I decided to just do it but now I regret it, so I might just paint over my initials down there in the right hand corner--like I needed to tell you where they were. You really can't miss them. Once I paint over my initials and that's dry, I need to decide where to put it in my house. It's like 18"x24" I think. For those of you who have been in my house, I'm open to suggestions.

So I made 5 of these last night, all different sorts of bird silhouettes.

When I went to peel off my masked off areas this morning, a bunch of paint came off with it, making the bird have a weird, fat beak and deformed legs. A total bust. I might try to touch them up, though. Or I might just throw them in the trash. Hmph.

8 comments:

kassidi bridge said...

Love the painting! How much do you charge? Seriously...when we someday get a house, I'll be calling you up!

[JennyB] said...

I love the painting! I love the initials, too.
In my college years I gave a few people 'the bird' in fits of road rage (thank heaven I grew out of that phase!) I realize you probably won't [give] me a bird- painting, that is- but I'm with Kassidi, How much ya chargin'?! Sign me right up fo' one a those babies! (Initials included, please)

Amy said...

I love the painting. I am really into birds right now, too. I really like the Alexander Henry Goldfinch Birdseed fabric, your painting kind of reminded me of it.

Here is the link. They use to have it in a blue and orange, but I was a cheep idiot and let it fly off the shelf before I was able to buy it.

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-AH-6659-A-YELLOW

[BrookeO] said...

Oooh I like.

KatieB said...

i honestly didn't notice your initials until you said something about it. i think it looks cool to have them there.

camie said...

I REALLY love the birds.

Aby Runyan said...

I completely understand what you are saying about signing your work. I HATE signing my work. I can never figure out a good way to sign it, and therefore the way I sign it is always different (which makes it look even dumber). I like my name but on a painting, etc. I think it looks very childish.
Reading about you having the same problem has given me an idea though - I think next time I'll sign somewhere out of sight, like the inside of a drawer, or on the side. Cause in the end I do want my name on there somewhere! I'll still have the problem however of HOW to sign.

bethany said...

I really like the bird painting-haven't been to your house, so I have no idea where to put it, but I DON'T think you should hide it in the master bathroom or something... Maybe on your front door so everyone can see how talented you are? :)