Sunday, June 08, 2008

Being Two is Funny

About a week ago, I was going to shower (and I've showered since then. Shut up! I swear I have.) so I turned on the TV in our bedroom like I always do, to keep the girls occupied and distract them from destroying the house, which they are capable of doing in the 7 minutes it takes for me to shower. The only thing on was Sponge Bob, so I turned it to the channel and upon seeing the yellow little guy, May screamed "Sponge Bob Queer Pants!"


A couple of days after that while preparing for my shower, I put on Wonder Pets. May started singing "Under Pants, Under Pants, We're on our way!" Come to find out, she had a little help learning the song from her father, who I caught singing it over and over yesterday.


After dumping out my church bag and sifting through its contents yesterday, May found a picture that she had semi-colored in Nursery awhile ago of Jesus sitting with a couple of children. She came to show it to me.
Me: (pointing to the picture) May, who is that?
May: Regis.
Me: Who?
May: Regis.
Me: You mean Jesus?
May: Yah, Regis. I love Regis.
Me: He loves you, too.
May: Yah, Regis loves me, too.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

May is totally my hero. And if it makes you feel better - Aaron could give Go a run for his money on the underwear/poo/pee song thing. He has ruined many a favorite song of mine that that way and I still have no idea what the real lyrics of some songs are to this day.....

Taryn said...

Regis totally wants her for a sunbeam, too.

Annie said...

Taryn, that comment just kicked someone off of my top ten favorite comments list.

Beth said...

I can't stop giggling. Queer pants! Ha Ha Ha. Under pants! Ha Ha Ha. Regis! Ha Ha Ha. Hilarious!

Emily said...

A few days ago Tom (preparing to speak in sacrament meeting) asked Cali what she knew about temples. Her reply: They swim fast and turn into frogs. Needless to say we have since explained the difference between temples and tadpoles. May and Cali could totally hang.

Wendy said...

Don't you just love how funny they are when they don't even mean to? These days Tess calls herself Tess "a little bit" Lowry. Instead of Tess Elizabeth Lowry. She kills me!