Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Healthy As A Hog Blog

2008 might be a big year. I'd like to start thinking about having child #3 and train for a triatholon. Haven't decided in what order those things are going to happen, but regardless, I need to shed a few, tone up and adopt a healthier lifestyle. I think doing this alongside some pals would make it more fun and easier. So I started a blog: Healthy As A Hog. It's invitation only so we don't feel like our dirty laundry is airing out for all to see. I'm envisioning a safe, nonjudgemental place to post goals, accomplishments, failures, ideas, healthy recipes, regiments--whatever helps you and what you think might help others reach their health goals. Anyway, if you're interested, email me at thatsmybike[at]hotmail[dot]com and I'll send you an invite, you can get on there and see if it's something you're interested in. And if I've never met you, tell me how you found my blog (through what friend of mine) so I can make sure I'm not sending an invite to Merv the Perv. Happy Healthy New Year, friends.

16 comments:

Kristen said...

Triathlon - WHAT??????? My first race this season is the first weekend in June - fittingly for your website it's called the Pigman Sprint. Anywhoooo - if you need anything let me know, and put me on the list!

Jessie Riley said...

ME.ME.ME!
I want in! You best be having my email address.
I also remembered today [random] that I had COMPLETLEY forgotten to return your email ?'s about Photoshop... I'll get to it TOMORROW! I PROMISE! I'm a BAD, BAD friend!

Graham Fam said...

That is so awesome about your new years resolutions. Send me an invite. However, I won't be participating too much, since I'm pregnant, on mild bed rest and exercise is off limits. But it will be fun to check out and maybe I can eat some good things for me, so I don't get super huge.

Kasey said...

I want in! please invite me to your blog so I can check it out. I've wanted to join somesort of self help group for fintness, but have yet to find or found one. Child 3? That's gettting a little cazy there Annie girl. I've been thinking about that too. Ok, not so much. Kudos to you on the triathilon. I'm going to do a 10K. I'm scared, so invite me so I can discuss my stratagy of turning a non-runner into one.

Jill T said...

Since it's the new year, sign me up. I hesitate to committ because I'm such a slacker when it comes to exercise, but maybe this is exactly what I need! Good idea!

[alisar] said...

Although I'm super svelte, I should probably join this blog too.

Veronica Reeve said...

Annie,

I'm in!! Shaping up is one of my resolutions too. What a coincidence. It's a great idea. I need someone to report to, then maybe I'll stick to the straight and narrow.

Wendy said...

What a great idea! I could use some motiviation.

KatieB said...

i have got to lose 10 pounds. add me!

Juls said...

are you doing the mini triathlon at Mt Gretna on Memorial day? I think I am going to try that one...I checked out the website and got a little nervous...hum...

ericareynolds said...

Count me in, Annie. I caught a glimpse of the past 9 months on my thighs in the mirror this morning and have almost eaten all my Vosges chocolates (only sharing a few with Robert). Motivation is needed!

Lucy said...

Hi Annie,

Alisa directed me here. I think, I hope, I want, I need to be a part of the healthy as a hog blog. I've got a lot of motivation right now, but it usually wears off by about January 4th so...come tomorrow, I'm going to need something other than the new year to keep me going. Consider me?

My email is lucyhj4302@msn.com

bethany said...

I'm really terrible at being motivated as well...maybe I need someone to report to-or maybe i'll just read about everyone else's progress and be jealous but still won't get up off my lazy butt. I did sign a contract for a gym recently, so at least i won't have the excuse that it is 200 degrees outside. Anyway, sign me up!

elizabeth said...

You know my name. . . look up the number -- and according to my scale and my goals the number is not my ideal so yes, please add me. I've got just a few weeks before Kris and I grace the Bahamas with our pale, pale skin. If I join your healthy as a hog blog, will I look like Gwyenth Paltorw in time?????

510Jen said...

Can I be in. I am Jen (friend of Jessie, Kasey, Alisa, Brooke, Cheree, Jenny B. and all the other Iowans) i met you once. Anywho I would love to be in too.

jchandler5@gmail.com

[RochelleG] said...

oooh, I'd really like to jump on the healthy wagon. Send me an invite!