Friday, November 14, 2008

Then Why Don't You Marry It?

Today May and I are going to a birthday party for a 1 year old who has lots of wild, crazy hair. Even though the invite said "No presents," her Mom isn't the boss of me.

I made these clips for her last night out of wool felt. I really love wool felt. It's a good thing I didn't discover wool felt until after I was married because Wool E. Felt would have really given Brandon Q. Reynolds a run for his money.


22 comments:

Beth said...

Sooo cute! I want them.

Meredith said...

how do you always make the best stuff? wool e. felt never looked so good, and as a result, he's going to stare at you from across the dance floor, burning holes into your heart and making go most testy. much like at a certain gates daughter wedding.

Aby Runyan said...

I'm hearing a LOT about this fancy stuff called "wool felt". I thought that felt came in either:

1. rectangles stacked up in different various colors and selling 4 for $1.

OR

2. on a big huge bolt

Explain.
luvs, aby

[alisar] said...

I feel exactly the same way about Seymour Butts.

Brandon Bridge said...

I love them! When are you going to be getting that little etsy shop of yours up and running?

Unknown said...

Wow, you posted this like RIGHT before the party! They are very cute though. She is will absolutely love them!

[AnnieR] said...

Melanie,
I scheduled the post to post itself at the time of the party because I knew she wouldn't be reading blogs while she was greeting her guests...tricky, tricky, tricky!

camie said...

You give the PERFECT gifts and they are all over my entire house- on walls, on a mantel, on feet, on a shelf and now in our hair. I LOVE YOU!

camie said...

If that last line makes you a little uncomfortable, you can delete it. I was a little excited.

Mandy said...

I am in love. I am now racking my brain to figure out what I can trade you to make me some but DANG IT, you do everything I do as well or better. Shame on you for being so talented!!!! :)

Mandy said...

OK, if I buy you this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Warm-Fuzzies-Sweet-Felted-Projects/dp/1600610072/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1226699890&sr=8-3

will you make me some hair clips? I've had my eye on this book for about 6 months but knew if I got it and started another obsession, Dan would be mad.

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!!! And you don't need to delete that.
I am no longer worrying about the perfect hair ornament to go with the outfit for my granddaughters!
I'm freeeeeeeeee!

Kasey said...

Adorable!

Melissa said...

I think I will marry them.

Katie May said...

Ignore the fact that I'm blog-stalking and tell me what I can do to love me some wool felt clips. Now!

elizabeth said...

Ooh! Teach me how! Teach me how!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Is there anything you can't do? I want to make those too!

Jessie Riley said...

i want them... do you think they would be CUTE in my hair?

Nat D said...

Ok one word... ETSY

Stop being so freakin' creative already and give the rest of us a shot at being kinda cool like you.

And I promise I haven't been to Hershey Penn since I was like 8 with my mom but if I ever do go there, I'm sleeping at your house and you can make me hair clips and pies.

That was in the Times Square Hershey store (which I know is on the East Coast by you but not as close as 15 minutes)

Tracy said...

so cute. i wish I had a daughter, just so i could put them in her hair.

Holly said...

you are officially invited to all of our birthday parties and no presents are allowed.

hint: even my husband likes cute clippies like those.

Leilana Warren said...

Hey! Thanks SO much for the super cute clip you sent to Miss Elle. You truly are amazingly talented. And I love the new hair. It's hot. :) You are far braver than I!