Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'd Like to Bear My Testimony That I Know Tonsillectomies Are True

Usually when May is upstairs in her room down for her nap, I can hear her both breathing and then snoring all the way downstairs while I sit on the computer and eat my lunch/waste time.

Right now she's asleep. I cannot hear any breathing. I cannot hear any snoring. This is so bizarre.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah! I'm sooooooooo glad. The scab part is when it's hard (at least for us) which will come in a few days. Make her drink anything that she will drink a lot of to help them (the scabs) not get too dry. He never got juice all day or pop EVER until I found that's all I could get him to drink. Rhys never went to bed with a sippy of water until his recovery. Of course now we're stuck with it, but better than the hacking-til-he-might-vomit sound that came with the scab phase. GOOD LUCK and you're all in my thoughts!

Jennifer said...

That is pretty dang exciting!

Robin said...

I'd like to add my testimony of adenoidectomies.
It was worth seeing the kid under the effects or versed alone, not to mention the better nights.
Amen.

MOMMACITA said...

RichMitch had a tonsillectomie at 19. His rank stench breath became 85% better immediately. So now that can be part of your testimony. wiping a tear here.

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you got those bad boys removed. Those things were beasts! Thanks for your uplifting post. It reminded me of something my aunt told me when I was a manager. No one likes being told they are doing soemthing wrong. It is better to stoke and then strike. It's along the same lines as your 4 to 1 ratio. You tell them 3 things you like about them of that they do well and then what they did wrong or need to change. It is something I need to remember to do with my kids for sure!

Clint and Cindy said...

We've grown accustomed to hearing both our girls snoring as we walk past their bedroom to go to bed at night. The other night we stopped at their door with a feeling that something must be wrong. Their room was SILENT! I had to check each girl to make sure they were still breathing. They were. I never new a child could be so quiet while they slept. It was so weird. I love it.