This is the inspiration for my requested quilt, which site it came from--I have totally forgotten, but from the minute I saw it, I loved it. And I'm not one to get excited over quilts because I don't quilt--I'm not precise enough, so I will never be able to be a quilter. Miss Cheapy Pants is very pleased about this.
The quilt that is being made for me will not have a yellow binding, but white. The colors of rectangles will be reds, pinks, oranges, yellows and greens. Because I'll be hanging this in the baby's room above her crib, I am basing the new nursery decor around it. You know--new baby, new room.I will be using both cream and white (which were our wedding colors - I'm just wild and crazy like that) and will have pops of color here and there, like in the mobile I shall be constructing, a pillow for the glider I will be sewing and something festive on the wall I shall be whipping up. I figured since this time around I bought all the textiles in the room instead of making them, I needed to throw my own personal touch in there somewhere. And our baby will love me for it. Because newborns care about that kind of stuff. They just do, it's really weird. Just ask Go. He knows now. Because I keep telling him. And telling him. And telling him.
BEFORE (May's Nursery)

AFTER (New Baby's Nursery)
And yes, thank you, I AM aware that there's a hand full of months between November and March. Just ask Go. He will be able to tell you exactly how many. And tell you. And tell you. And tell you.
4 comments:
You would make bomb quilts - they just wouldn't be precise.
Actually I can't wait to see them.
Cute...love the color combo
Our baby will be lucky I can get all the crap off the desk so he/she can get her/his butt cleaned properly.......
But I do like your style. :)
i love that quilt!
Post a Comment