Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Some Things

1. I will post pictures soon of the birds I made, though some of them turned out funky in the beak because I used too heavy of fabrics and some of the beaks look like noses, making them look like dogs instead of birds. Not cute.

2. I am enjoying the clean aroma of my Method Citrus Cilantro circle air freshener thingee.
Of course, the scent is a special edition and they will not be making it for very much longer, which always happens to me, especially when it comes to jeans.

I have a very, very hard time finding jeans that fit me right. I have a smallish waist, a big bottom, big spinning quads, and short, big- boned legs which is an odd combination indeed. It takes a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears to actually find jeans that even come close to looking not-ridiculous. When skinny jeans came onto the scene, I liked them but was convinced that someone with my body type could not and should not wear them. But I forged ahead with a pound of naivete and an ounce of hope and miraculously ended up finding the perfect pair: Arden B.'s Lexy Skinny. They make me look like I have a somewhat normal body, which is a hefty feat. Of course, now that I've worn them so much, there are holes in the crotch that I've patched over. Twice. Do I still wear them? You bet I do, but I did try to acquire another pair. I went online and couldn't find them. So I went back to Arden B. back in May while we were in CA and guess what? The Lexy Skinny have been discontinued. Forever. And ever. This did not shock me. Why? Because anyone who actually can fit into them probably shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans anyway. Miss Size Zero Snooty Bridges Arden B. Worker reaffirmed my hypothesis by laughing out loud at me when I shared this gem with her.

3. This coming Monday, the girls and I were planning to go camping with a bunch of other Moms and their kids. It was going to an adventure, seeing as the last time I camped (not including girls camp), I was wearing cut off sweat pants and a scrunchee in my hair.
How much would I love to have either of my brother's T-shirts right now? Anyway, all of our husbands thought we were crazy for wanting to do it alone and come to find out, not that thrilled about the whole idea for safety reasons so like the good little submissive wives we are (HA!) we are doing a day camp instead but STILL building fires and tents and eating foil dinners and s'mores and doing it without any help from a man. This shall be interesting.

4. I leave soon for CA. I am excited. After CA, I will be going to Vegas/Reynolds' cabin which I am equally as excited for. I'm so excited that I'm finding it hard to do day to day things, which always happens about a week before I leave to go back home. I just want to be gone already.

5. Does anyone else find it annoying when you're reviewing that stats from your site and find that some unknown blog has a link to yours, so you go try to go to this blog and it's private. Private! That doesn't seem fair for some reason. Like who is this stranger and why do they have a link to my blog on their sidebar and in what category is it? It could be like "Stupidest Blogs Ever" or "Most Narcissistic Blogs Out There." I guess I shall never know.

6. Ruby has been making lots of these lately--rabbits and mice faces.
7. Last night, Go was on call and so I found myself alone. Following my dear aunt Mary's advice, I watched an episode of Gilmore Girls before I went to bed. AND IT WAS MY FAVORITE EPISODE. It's not the the cleverest or best written, but it's the one where Rory kisses Jess at Sukie's wedding. I may or may not have rewound the kiss scene 20 times. And then I went to sleep and had very nice dreams.

8. I have a list that is a boa constrictor's length long of things I have to do before I leave that I don't want to do. And they all involve phone calls, paper work, money and the post office/UPS/FedEx. All of these things/places I loathe very deeply.

9. I got my Real Simple magazine about a week ago and I have yet to go through it. This is a record for me. I might just save it for the airplane. Like I'm going to have any time to read between wrestling my two squirrels, cleaning up spills and getting May to stop flirting with the creepy guy who will, and always is, sitting in front of us...

10. It's really hot and humid today, which makes me very glad I will be leaving soon.

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Bummer about the jeans! These are probably your size, though:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ARDEN-B-118-LEXY-SKINNY-JEAN-NEW-WITH-TAGT-29-35_W0QQitemZ310031893628QQihZ021QQcategoryZ11554QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

p.s. I think of you as a very reasonable and fun person, but I've got to go with the husbands on this one. Camping alone with kids overnight sounded pretty nuts to me.:) I still love all of you crazies, though!

Mandy said...

p.s. Camping WITHOUT kids in the mountains with warm sleeping bags, a cooler of yummy drinks, good food, and hot husbands, however, sounds fabulous!:)

Brandon Bridge said...

Speaking of airplanes and spills...one minute I hand Hazel a juice box, the next I turn around and she is literally spraying it all over her white shirt and floral shorts, the seat in front of her, my lap...yada yada yada. Have fun!

KatieB said...

i liked it better when ruby was drawing..you know...

loubige said...

Well Annie.....I will fess up the blog link might be mine since I have you on my blog under "people who I stalk"--you should feel honored, I only have you and one other person under that. (although as I'm typing it out it sounds a bit creepy!! :-)....just so you know I am a private blogger b/c I still am paranoid that some random dude is going to come and steal my children! Someday I'll get over it. :-) But you are a link on mine, I found you through my brother-in-law who grew up with you, hope you don't mind? Let me know and I'll take it off if you'd like. You crack me up so I wanted to share that with my friends who enjoy a sense of humor like yours.

[AnnieR] said...

No, loubige, I do not think you're creepy. Yes, you were one of the blogs I was speaking of. Forgive me for my passive-aggressiveness, that's just the way I roll. I'm all for making new friends, especially now that I know how we are "connected," and that the purpose of your link wasn't "People I Wish Would Just Fall Off the Face of the Earth." I thank you for that. ;)

Sotutus said...

hey, so this is probably a dumb question, but how do you see who is linked to your blog?

MOMMACITA said...

You don't know how happy it makes me to know that Rory and Jess gave you sweet dreams. Even better that they were kissing. I don't do sleep without them. Neither should anybody.

MOMMACITA said...

ps Ruby has talent. You can see the designer eye. ooo-oo this is SO exciting!!

[AnnieR] said...

statcounter.com is the bomb.com.

[JennyB] said...

I SO relate to your jean happenings...except for the fact that I can't even dream that I would get 'skinny' jeans on (that dream would have to include a Sam's Club size vat of margarine for me to even attempt slipping into a pair of those babies). But as for finding the right pair and loving them to death and not being able to find another pair that compares...I can totally relate to that. Good luck in your quest to find the perfect pair...again.

Lucy said...

Statcounter drove me insane. I got rid of it and now blog ignorantly. It really is bliss. No more wondering who wished I would fall off the face of the earth.

Girl, if you can wear skinny jeans, I don't care how odd your bottom half combination is...you are one hot chica! Of course, it's conditional upon actually looking good in them, and you seem to be a harsh judge so...kuddos:)

Jessie Riley said...

OH NO! You're leaving??? what will I do without my daily dose of Annie?

I forgot everything I read after that... however I'm sure it was all HILLARIOUS... as usual!

Robin said...

Oh darn, does this mean I can't add you to my sidebar under "apron obsessions"? Afterall, you've never met me, and my blog is (gulp) private.
Have fun in the western DRY heat. I'm so sick of humidity.

Dave and Mel said...

I've never tried the skinny jean thing, but have always wanted too- I agree it takes too much time and energy to find the perfect pair- so I will just go on being on the boring side of fashion- things that look okay, but aren't the lastest and greatest! (although wide-legs are back, no?)

[AnnieR] said...

Whoever Robin is, she's funny.

Little Megs said...

Well, I'm another random person that has you linked on my blog under "Random blogs I read cause they're freaking he-larious!" I found you through Tom and Emily Askeroth, who's blog I found while trying to get in touch with Tom's little brother Jade who was one of my best friends in school. Random, I know. I think you are so clever and witty, and your blog makes me laugh all the time. Let me know if you want me to take you off. Keep up the good work!!

Meredith said...

i love that episode of gilmore girls. love it. i really thought jess was going to come back in the last season and they'd get hitched.