My husband, the nicest thousandaire husband in the world, got me an early birthday present that I couldn't believe I actually received. I was so excited, I called my Mom to tell her. The conversation went something like this:
Me: So I got an special early birthday surprise today.
Mom: (who loves guessing games) Oooo! From who?
Me: Go.
Mom: (cell phone starts to cut in and out) Is it an addition to your family?
Me: What? Go is apart of my family. Wait, what did you just say?
Mom: I said, is it an addition to your family?
Me: No! Are you seriously asking me if I'm pregnant?
Mom: Well, it's something that Go would give you.
Me: I'm not pregnant.
Mom: And it's special.
Me: Ew! Mo-om!
We don't talk about such things.
And you know what else I don't talk about--how spoiled I am. I'm too embarrassed to even post about it yet. But I will.
10 comments:
Well it better be that Iphone you are dreaming about. I have LOVED mine! You better get one.
So,am I the bad guy in this or just part of an unfolding story?
One of my biggest faults is the need to be thought of as sharp, clever and right. It really is a fault and if I really WAS any of those more often, I'd probably employ the "Mmmmmm, I don't know." and the "Mmmmmm, that's nice." but really how boring is that?
Yes, and then there's that need to never be thought of as boring - a little personality trait that has gotten me into some trouble as well (usually with boring people).
Laryngitis more often...that would help me out.
Well, I'm just about as open as they come and I like to talk about "such things" with my mom just to make her uncomfortable. I think it's fun.
did you really just do that? i need to know what it is. after all, since we share a bday i feel like it's sort of my bday present too.
i'm getting a grilled veggie salad from california pizza kitchen on saturday for my bday, if you would like me to send the vibes of the deliciousness thereof over east to you!
Darn you Annie Reynolds.
Is it boobs?
You're half right--it was just one boob. I will get the other one next year for my 29th. Something to look forward to, I guess. But how spoiled am I? One huge boob!
Oh that's funny. P.S. I had to put a post up to tell you that remember the story you posted about Ruby singing "Rehab" in the grocery store? Well Amy Winehouse is everywhere here (particularly on the covers of the tabloids) and every time I see her I think of Ruby singing "They tried to make me go so rehab, but I said no...no...noo..." Anyways, just had to share. And HAPPY birthday darling Annie! Enjoy!
WHAT COLOR IS IT?
That might narrow down the possibilities!
LAUGHING about the boobie!
Well, one is better than none!!
Post a Comment