Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Camping, Part Two

Here is the entire camping clan. We look oh so outdoorsy.
Photobucket
And here is a picture of just the moms. Something we all have in common: we really, really like to pose. Especially Cheryl on the far right, who apparently is not camping, but at the Prom.
Photobucket
So there was lots of swimming going on, but not by me. This lake gave me the willies for some reason. Maybe the yellow/green/brown water? Or maybe the fear of having a fish swim up my bum?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There was lots of playing the in the sand.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And swinging on swings.
Photobucket
And taking first steps.
Photobucket
And just being cute in general.
Photobucket
After we exhausted the lake area and were getting creeped out by the goth kids who were sitting behind us trying to set us happy moms on fire with their eyeballs, we left to go the campsite.
Photobucket
This is my tent. I had lots of help setting it up. I couldn't have set it up by myself, that's fo shizzle.
Photobucket
Ruby enjoyed the massive amounts of sticks laying around: props for fulfilling her fantasy of becoming a real dog.
Photobucket
This is our Woman of Fire. Thanks to Heather and Cheryl, I actually got to eat my tin foil dinner. Not that there was ever a point I doubted I'd eat my tin foil dinner. Um, no. Not at all...
Photobucket
So yah, lots of eating.
Photobucket
And there was lot of just playing and fire fly catching and basically having a great time.
Photobucket
It was really, really fun.

5 comments:

hoday said...

The idea of a fish swimming up my bum totally crossed my mind too! Which of us is stranger, you for NOT going in the water or me for going in anyway?

Great pics btw. I just looked at mine then at yours... I'm definitely no photog.

KatieB said...

looks like fun! make sure you bring that canon rebel to lagoon day... i need some annie candids.

Jessie Riley said...

I always think they are going to bite my toes!

Looks like you had a blast.

Holly said...

maybe it's the age or something but my girls love to pretend they are dogs and/or cats, depending on the mood. when i get all barks or meows, i just sprinkle them with magic dust that allows them to talk like humans. it's great.

MOMMACITA said...

We used to put Mitch's dinner on the floor in his dog phase.

We'd be sitting there at the table eating all normal like and having normal conversation about long division and he'd be over there on the floor, hunched over his plate lapping up his meat loaf.

Dinner was very peaceful in the dog days, and I did enjoy life then.