Monday, April 02, 2007

Playing "Lauren"



This is what Ruby calls playing "Lauren". It involves this little purse that May has and Ruby wearing any dress she can find. Then they call each other "Lauren." Which is weird because we don't know any Laurens here in PA and the ones that we knew in IA, I'm sure Ruby has forgotten. The game goes like this: Ruby says "Hi, Lauren!" to May and then May says "Why War War!" which means "Hi Lauren!" and then they pass this little green purse back and forth. Wow...good times?

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I used to dress up my brother as a woman and his name was Mrs. Brown. I was 4 and he was 2 - so that sounds about right. I didn't know anyone named Mrs. Brown, but that's what we used to play. Mrs. Brown. Man, I wish I had a picture to post of it!

Emily said...

So cute! Your girls are such good sisters to each other.

bethany said...

Interesting. Very, very interesting.

[alisar] said...

I named my baby doll "Billy Dawn" for unknown reasons. We girls know what we like from very young ages. I think Lauren is a lovely name, much better than my mom's favorite "Suzie Wong".

Jessie Riley said...

SO CUTE!
I didn't dress up. I was a tomboy, so I have no stories to tell. Unless you want to hear about how I had pet frogs and worms and played in the muddy windowell.

SERIOUSLY. I LOVE that May-may is co-operating!

I love reading your blog. It makes me smile!
Miss ya!

Melissa said...

I see they inherited your creativity.

john said...

I think may is more socially and politically conscious then you're aware of. "Why war war" is exactly that, a state of questioning war.

Audra Bollard said...

Wow, girls really play differently than boys. I think Ruby got 2 scoops in the imagination department. It must be so entertaining to overhear them playing!

KatieB said...

rylee has a crazy imagination too. she'll be coloring in her coloring book and i'll overhear her making her crayons have conversations with each other. "oh, your favorite color is brown? that's wonderful. my favorite color is green. do you want a cracker?"