2. Wrestling (I usually use this word as hyperbole, but this time I really mean it) May, trying to keep her still so she could get blood drawn while singing/yelling "May May, come out and play with me! And bring your dollies three! Climb up my apple tree! Slide down my rainbow..." in front of four recoiling phlebotomists.
3. After the doctor's/lab, instead of taking Ruby back to school for lunch, we took our lunch to a park where we were attacked by bees thanks to my beloved Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne and wait for it...wait for it, I stuck my hand in a fresh pile of dog poo.
4. Taking Ruby back to school and chatting with her school nurse while I held Olive who insisted on repeatedly pulling down my scooped neck t-shirt and sticking her hands down into my shirt, causing some major Northern Exposure. Nope. Not just a TV show from the 80's.
5. Dinner with the girls at Costco. Olive, who was already covered in remnants of various samples (chocolate milk, yogurt, pot stickers, sticky buns, chicken soup, chocolate mousse) was really excited to eat and so overcome with love and joy for her dinner, hugged an entire slice of pizza against her chest and lovingly rocked it back and forth. I still had 2 more errands to run after that, which if it hadn't been such a chilly evening, she would have worn just her cow-print leg warmers and her diaper rather than her cow-print leg warmers and a light green onesie covered with chocolate milk, yogurt, pot stickers, sticky buns, chicken soup, chocolate mousse and a grease stain the exact shape and size of a gigantic slice of pizza.
Still, it was a good day.
5 comments:
I just could not imagine anything better than an Olive so swept up in love for Costco cuisine, there was nothing left to do but to embrace the slice.
And by the way when I was 8 I rope swung through the bunny gate and into the bunny poop. All over my shins and dress. And this was long before cell phones existed, and even longer before Merdy Eaton was willing to cart one around, and she wasn't at home, and I was at Jennifer Yamanoha's house, and no one could contact her to tell her to come and either bring me new clothes or come and take me home. So what I'm sayin here is, I feel your pain.
Sorry about the poo.
That's why I covenanted (yes, it was a covenant, renting clothes and everything) with Zak that he would always be the responsible one when it comes to children and needles.
We went to Costco after a Dr.'s appointment this morning. After trying to hold a squirming shrieking 19 month old down for allergy testing I caved and bought the pumpkin cheesecake fudge from the road show. My daughter loves the samples too - she calls quaker oat squares "samples cereal."
This post is going to have me randomly laughing to myself all.day.long. What a day!
Post a Comment