Saturday, September 18, 2010

Three Weeks and One Day

Three weeks ago, I posted that I had scheduled myself out to deep clean my house over the next 21 days. Today is day 22 and I'd like to proclaim that I almost did it. I did the kitchen, the girls room, our room, Olive's room, the front room, the downstairs bathroom, the pantry, the basement and as of this morning/afternoon: the garage. I still have the upstairs bathroom and my art room to go, but those won't take long. The garage was my Mount Everest. I'm ashamed to say it's been our dumping ground for the past four years and never paid any attention to--I've been dreading this since the beginning. This morning, from 8:30 to 12:30, I climbed it, covered in sawdust, insects (both dead and alive) grime, larvae, cobwebs, spiderwebs, spider eggs, dead leaves, mold, pollen and old mouse poo. I've never felt so disgusting yet so triumphant in my entire life after I had finished. I've never taken a longer shower than I did this afternoon. But our garage has never looked better, not counting the HUGE mound of trash bags taking up the better half of the garage. I can't wait until trash day.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Congratulations! You are a powerful woman who I've learned pretty much accomplishes anything you decide to do. a garage one day....a novel the next!

Alisha said...

Excellent work. I bet you feel lighter.