2. Kind of obsessed with Chobani greek peach yogurt and Avarado Street sprouted wheat bread and have been for months.
3. I watched Jersey Shore for 15 minutes for the first time a couple of nights ago. I completely see the appeal. It wasn't as gross as I thought it would be and even though these people are completely ridiculous, there is something about them that makes you sympathetic while simultaneously hating them. It was a strange feeling; fascinating and entertaining to witness. That being said, it will probably be the last 15 minutes I ever watch.
4. Lately, I've been overwhelmed with thoughts of all the things I'd really, really love to do that I'll probably never get to do. Like bike across America. Or write a screen play, direct it, do the soundtrack and then watch it in a real live theatre. Be awesome enough at an instrument to play in a band, and then actually play in a band. Get through a yoga class without the teacher stifling their laughter as they observe my crazy unlimberness. Paint a picture that I actually like. These are things I long to do and I fear will never come to pass. There's something else that's always been on that list, but I'm taking it off and am working toward it: I am attempting to write a novel and hopefully, get it published. This is something I've been working towards on and off for the past 2 years. As of tomorrow morning, I'm back on the wagon. I'm trying to prove the voices in my head wrong - the ones that tell me I'll never be able to do it, it's not worth the energy and the sacrifice of precious sleep. These voices are really hard to ignore because you see, the voices in my head sound something like the lovechild of Fran Drescher and Gilbert Gottfried.
5. We all know it: summer is winding down, fall is upon us. 95% of you just clasped your hands together and took a deep inhale. I really, really wish I could do this with you, to relish autumn and be among you, you who gushes about how much you *LOVE!!!* fall, but I just can't seem to do it. To me, autumn is a precursor to 5 to 6 months of wintery misery. But (as always) I'm going to attempt to enjoy it this time around. Maybe I'll succeed knowing that this is my second to last fall here on the East coast. (UTTER GLEE!) But really, even if I didn't get slammed with the winter-blues every year, I'm not much a cozy, toasty autumny person anyway. I get much more excited about things coming in green, fresh and alive (spring!) than I do about things wilting and dying...which is what fall is. Sorry to burst your apple-cinnamon scented bubble, folks. Fall = death.
6. We've been finding dead butterflies in our front yard lately. This creeps me out. What's that movie where they keep finding dead animals around and then all of a sudden some weird disaster hits?
7. This post is starting to bum me out. Hm. How should I lighten this up? Hmmmm...uh...well...how about you pretend that I uploaded a video of Olive dancing? Picture a very tall, very bald toddler hunkered down, jutting out her chin, sticking out her neck, and pumping her fists horizontally back and forth and then all of a sudden, she tips her head waaaay back with her eyes closed and her mouth open wide, sticks out her tongue and sways her head side to side, in time with her fists. Yah. I'm just going to have to post a video.
7 comments:
your feelings about fall = my feelings about spring. around here, spring is the gateway to 5 or 6 months of unbearably hot weather. like too hot to go swimming during the day weather.
i really like fall.
also, i would buy your book.
Can't wait to read your book. I've been wanting to write something and even started 2 or 3 projects only to let them die by the wayside after paragraph four. I doubt myself-a running characteristic throughout every facet of my life. If you lived closer we could start one of those writing clubs that all authors thank in the back of their books. With MY confidence in YOUR writing skills, we'd make a great team.
I know of a really great picture that you painted and I loved....
I had to mention THAT painting. I just can't let it go.
I was going to apologize right here but then I realized, I'm not sorry.
Congratulations on the sleep! That is huge. Also, I am totally with you on the fall/winter thing except that unlike you, it doesn't look like I am going anywhere any time soon.
Oh my goodness, whatever it takes to quiet the voices, that lovechild sounds awful! FYI, I would totally buy your book ... I would also cut in front of people standing in line at your book signing, I'm just being honest. Anyway, here's to more stickers on your chart and your future novel on my nightstand!
unfortunately, the 3 sleepless nights before i had olof i watched the whole first season of jersey shore. i guess i couldn't find something better to do?
well my dear... in order for your SPRINGYNESS to happen... our DEAD SEASON must first occur... so from all of us FALL LOVIN peeps... you're welcome! :)
Fall and Spring are actually my favorite... never thought of it as DEATH... but I did enjoy it LESS when I lived where Fall meant WINTER was on it's way and that just threw me into a depressing tailspin that I don't like thinking about.
You're posts make me happy!
go make something FALLISH...
Post a Comment