May 31, 2003
Had sporadic contractions all day, went and saw "The Italian Job." As always, Mark Wahlberg is a great distraction. (See ya lata, goat! Say hi to your motha for me!)
June 1, 2003
My water breaks in the middle of the night. We rush out the door. Go starts the ignition and the radio automatically starts playing, which is the very first note of "Everybody's Talkin'" by Harry Nilsson. This song is one of both Go and I's top favorites. It was like a small gift on the way to the hospital that night.
About 2 hours later, Ruby is born.
4 comments:
Glad to see you are taking a positive spin on the last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm pretty sure that at this point I was mumbling around the hospital, trying to climb every flight of stairs I could in hopes that it would put me into labor. Good luck the next couple weeks!
Nice. 2 hours? That's crazy talk.
The "Say Hi To Your Mother For Me" was one of my favorite SNL sketches. It made it even funnier when they had Wahlberg come in studio the next week and run into Ryan Sandberg. I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks of that every time I see Marky Mark.
Mike
Remember when that dude asked you on the UIHC elevator, "One or Two?" and you got kinda pissed at him and then you realized he meant what floor you were going to, not how many babies were residing in your belly.
Thinking of you telling me that story still makes me laugh today....Oh memories.....
Post a Comment