Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh For FUN!

Just now I dug through a huge trashcan full of stinky, wet trash for an envelope with my name on it containing $80 in cash but did not find it. After the twenty-fifth minute of scrubbing my hands with an SOS pad and boiling water, the answer came to me where the envelope was--somewhere a lot less stinky and a lot less wet. Yahoo! $80!

I do no think I was crazy for digging through nasty trash for $80.

So here are my questions (that I was pondering over during my eighteenth minute of hand-scrubbing):

Would you, dear reader, dig through stinky, wet trash for $80? For $50? For $20? $10?

17 comments:

elizabeth said...

I have dug through our garbage bins on garbage day (they were overflowing with soggy bags of garbage) for a piece of paper containing a code on it for Sam to play in a reading competition online that his school is doing. It was a couple weeks after Julia was born and I had already thrown out a form I was supposed to sign and return to his teacher the day before (on accident -- new baby ditziness) and I was too humiliated to tell her once again, the next day on top of it, I had thrown something out. I'm much more careful about that stuff now, by the way or at least I strive to be. So to answer your question, yes, I would dig through the garbage for $80! Think of all the Golden Spoon you could buy with that!

elizabeth said...

PS- I love your fishies on your blog title. They remind me of Fashion Island!

bethany said...

I dug through the trash once to find my retainer....

Yes, to all of the above. I love money.

amanda said...

absolutely i would.
and i support you in all future endeavors like, such as, the ones you described...

Kristen said...

No question about it. I'd do it for $1 probably.

I just dug through our nasty trash because I thought I threw out my niece's birth announcement (I thought it was an empty envelope I was too lazy to toss in the recycling). After NOT finding it, I was sick about it for days. Then Aaron found it under a pile of paperwork on the kitchen table. I was so relieved, but also kinda ticked that I dug through that gross trash when it was there all along. Boooooo.

stephanie said...

totally.

Shari Baker said...

My trash? Yup, I'd do it for $1. Someone else's trash is another story. I hate Germs!

Jessie Riley said...

I would dig for a $5... honestly!

Jessie Riley said...

k. sounding stupid. Meant to type $5 bill... I'm tired... is that an excuse?

Julie said...

Yup, I'd do it for $5. Just did it for a spatula that Rob left in a disposable aluminum pan with the old lasagna.

Kasey said...

$80 is a lot of dough! I'd so do it. I'd also do it for a buck. Dirty money is a good as clean money!

Mandy said...

Of course! We dig through trash for fun, too.....ok, maybe not, but we've definitely done weirder things than that for fun.:)

MOMMACITA said...

Hello. Have you read the newspaper lately? At about retirement age, I'm going to be standing there digging through the trash, immune to the poop that is under my fingernails searching for any I amount I can find. And standing right next to me will be your parents. And yours. And yours and yours and yours.

MOMMACITA said...

And we will beat to the death anyone who tries to thwart us

Brandon Bridge said...

Most definitely!

camie said...

I'd dig through the trash for a coupon.

Aby Runyan said...

Uhh, YEAH.

luvs, aby