Sunday, February 08, 2009

Oh, It's My FAVORITE

I'm at that point of my pregnancy where it gets really fun.

Such as:

-If I accidentally drop something on the floor, I stand there and stare at it for about 10 seconds, weighing the pros and cons and deciding if this is really something I need to bend over and retrieve.

-An innocent bystander could watch me try to put on my shoes and think I was doing some sort of comedy routine.

-When rolling over in the middle of the night, I think to myself "If only I was sleeping with some Oompa Loompas right now..." [Insert YouTube video of Oompla Loompas rolling Violet Beauregarde away to get the blueberry juice squeezed out of her HERE]. (The 1971 version, please.)
*Sidenote: I would love to name our baby Violet, but Go poo-poos the name for this very reason.

-People (mostly of the male gender) have started joking that I "must be having twins!" and am I "sure there's not two?" and "Did the sonographer make sure there's not another one in there?" and do I have "an extra car seat laying around just in case?" Hey guys. Guess what? You're not funny. Not even close to being kind of funny. In fact, I'd like to kick you in the shins for being so unfunny.

5 comments:

yomama said...

I love Go to pieces, but I disagree with him on this one. She is not a character that stands out in my mind in that book/movie at all and it's such a great name -and not because of the color because I don't reference that name when describing purple. But because of the flower which I love the blossom's shape, but don't like the leaves at all. Hey...why don't you name her Blossom...eewww!

Tracy said...

Oh I love you- you are too funny!

But seriously, why do people loves to make comments about your pregnancy during those last few weeks/months. Do we need to carry a sign around that states- "Don't talk to me, I'm pregnant!"

[JennyB] said...

Annie, I think you are just so hilarious! Honestly, your thoughts on life have livened my day on more than one occassion.

And when you kick them in the shins, aim a bit more to the north...

camie said...

A friend in St. Louis named her baby Violet. So cute. Such a shame you cannot use it. I can't wait to hear the name you've chosen.

Jennifer said...

Did you know Julie planned on naming Ava Violet almost her whole pregnancy. She was going to spell it Violette like her Juliette. Anyway, weird.

I totally know where you're coming from with the twin comments. Mine usually started about 6 months and moved on to "perhaps triplets" by 8. No good!