Also: THIS DINNER I made which had Go reenacting Bill Murray in the famous dinner table scene from What About Bob. I totally concurred.
Pork Spare ribs
Cheddar Jalapeno Buttermilk Biscuits (recipe found on cdkitchen.com)
Raw sugar snap peas (such a good kid food)
Fresh pineapple
A "fancy" drink for the girls: Diet Cherry 7-Up over crushed ice with lime
Glazed Chocolate Ginger Torte (recipe found on Godiva.com)I was cooking for a lot of the day but it was worth it.
Want the recipes for the ribs, biscuits and torte?
Grandma's Spareribs (a recipe from a really funny girl I met in Iowa, Amy Brown)
(serves 6-8)
4 lb. country style pork spareribs
Garlic salt
1/2 c. vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
4 tsp celery salt (I used only about 1 1/2 tsp (because it was all I had) and still won a standing ovation)
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 c. water
Cut ribs into serving pieces. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt. Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Skim off fat and serve.
Click here for the Cheddar Jalapeno Buttermilk Biscuits.
Click here for the Glazed Chocolate Ginger Torte.
2 comments:
You know it's great when Bill Murray shows up at your dinner table!
BLACK LICORICE CINNAMON PITA CHIPS?!?!?!?
BLACK!!!
LICORICE!!!
CINNAMON!!!
PITA!!!
CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my grandmother might be haunting you tonight to get your chips.
Post a Comment