Thursday, April 19, 2007

What would you do if I sang out of tune?

Everyone has had moments in their life when something happens and BAM! All of a sudden, you realize that life as you know it will never be the same. Kevin Arnold had these type of moments all the time. If only my life had a groovy soundtrack like his. Some turning points for me:

I was 8 and was told we were moving away from Florida to live in Southern California. Finally! I had found a way to meet my future husband.


I was 12 and met someone at Girls Camp who loved the Beatles as much as I did.


From the ages of 14-19 I had a bunch of moments involving a hand full of Wendy-type characters in male form. I learned a lot. I'd like to think they did, too. (Enter Bob Seger song here.)


Went to BYU and during my junior year met this guy:

I love this picture because he was sitting on that bench pouting and all put out that I wasn't throwing myself at him, that instead of flirting and trying to get to know him, I was jumping on a trampoline with my girl friends. Later that day, we all ate lunch together. Shortly after eating lunch, he and his room mates left the party to return to their apartment, as one of their buddies had sat in dog poop. My life would never be the same. (Enter wedding bells here.)

Then this happened.


Med school in Iowa and had baby #1 and baby #2.


Diabetes shoved its way into our family.


We made the big move to PA.


And today we finally got our very own piano delivered. But not without some major complications, a AAA towtruck, a police officer, a very angry Assocation Chairperson, and the threat of a hefty bill to repair the damages. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some frustrations to take out on my new piano.


6 comments:

KatieB said...

wow. i love all the pictures you find. i remember that trampoline day. and at first i thought the picture had an arrow pointing to my butt. and then i realized i couldn't remember which one i was in the picture. we all had short blonde hair. that piano story sounds like a nightmare. you'll have to tell it to me sometime when you've recovered.

Kasey said...

That sucks! Our piano delivery went very smoothly. Sorry yours didn't go that well. But you gotta piano! That's all that matters.

john said...

that doesn't suck, that is funny. seriously, its just grass. bummer funny.

Audra Bollard said...

how did I not know that you played piano? or are you going to start taking lessons? are you going to put your kids in lessons? give me the scoop! i've wondered about if/when we should do lessons for the kids, but there's no way a piano is fitting my our condo!

and, i loved the wonder years picture. ahh, nostalgia.

[alisar] said...

You really got your money's worth for those piano movers. Aren't you just SOOO glad you went the professional route?

bethany said...

I loved Kirk Cameron as well. He was so hot!