First of all, the girls were great. They were angels on the way there, and were troopers the whole weekend. May took a nap in her little stroller every day and Ruby walked when she wasn't riding on the shoulders of her Daddy's or one of her uncles'.
The Killers show was so much fun. They sold out Madison Square Garden, a proud moment for the boys. Bob (Go's brother and also The Killers' manager) got us passes down in the pit and it was intense: a venue that large filled to the brim with die hard fans. Harry (one of Go's younger brother) babysat the girls back at our hotel room so we could go out that night. It was definitely a night to remember.
Earlier that day, Harry and Bob met us at Washington Square Park. While waiting for each of them to arrive, we sat around the fountain where we were extras in a music video, the girls loved watching all of the dogs and we watched lots of bums playing chess against little genius kids while their mothers hovered nervously.
We treked around SoHo, discovered a really cool exotic chocolate shop Vosges Haut Chocolat, went to the Met instead of the MOMA - the MOMA's big exhibit right now is Dali and ew, I can't stand Dali. The Met was fabulous though, I loved the exhibit they have right now featuring artists from Barcelona. They had a lot from an artist I never paid attention to before, Ramon Casas.



The Met is huge. There was so much to see but the girls were hungry and tired, I wish we could have stayed longer. I didn't get to see enough of the Egyptian exhibit. I love all things Egyptian and have since I was little. I remember checking out books from the library about Egypt and about King Tut and mummies. If there is a documentary about Egypt or the pyramids on, I will stop what I'm doing and watch it. In kindergarten, I told my speech therapist I was born in Egypt. I am fascinating by all the mysteries that surround ancient Egypt.
Harry and I had a good laugh over this picture. Number one, he looks ridiculous, we decided he looks like a drunk old man who's getting ready to sneeze. Harry said he looks like he's saying "...and the pickles..." in a high pitched creepy voice. (Any Dane Cook fans in the house?) And number two, he's standing so obviously far away from us, it looks as though he thinks we bite. Nah, just bad B.O.
We ate good sushi, ate at Grimaldi's which was worth the trek to Brooklyn and the 30 min wait standing outside the restaurant to get inside. We spent a little time in Central Park,
but really just walked around, ate good food, saw great architecture and crazy people and had a plain old good time.
10 comments:
Annie - Your trip to New York looks awesome. I'm glad you like NYC a little more now...and it's good to hear you like Chicago too. I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that I will be living in that city for the next two years...warm-weather CA girl that I am...well, you know.
Love Erin
it sounds so fun! i've been meaning to give NY a second go-around as well. ny is where i discovered morning sickness, and it was freezing! not a good combo. we are planning a trip there next year before some friends we have living there move. you'll have to let us know all the sites we should see.
I'm so jealous! We have never gone anywhere except Cali. One of these years we are going to do something really cool! Looks like you had a blast and I'm glad the girls were good. It's always interesting to take kids out of their element.
I think New York is a fun city (although I would never want to live there) so I am glad that you have a better opinion of it now. It's great that your girls were so good-I am scared to take Jakson on a vacation where I actually want to site see for fear he would just scream the whole time. I'm jealous that you got to take a vacation!!
That sounds ideal. So you can take kids on sightseeing vacations and actually enjoy it...you give me hope.
So glad you have a good time. Very cute pictures. My first time to New York wasn't very good either. Our first night we stopped to get something to eat and all of our luggage was stolen from our rental car. We got to spend some time in a police station, which was interesting. All of my pictures I am wearing the same outfit. I should give it another try like you did.
I wondered about that first post title since I knew the real back story of you and NY. I'm so glad the city has redeemed itself for you. I LOVED the MET for the brief two hours I got to see it. You probably weren't as enamored by the medieval bedroom furniture exhibits as I was, but to each his own. I'm so impressed that your girls did well traveling too. You deserved a great time, so I'm glad you had it. It's a long story with messy flight schedules, but just Will, Charlie & I will be kicking it in NY half of Friday and most of Saturday until we all fly to Madrid together. Maybe I'll check out that artist you liked.
Looks like a wonderful weekend. You crammed in a lot of living! Glad Brandon got some time off :) Rob finally has a weekend off but the department has some man- weekend testosterone fest where the guys go drink, shoot and boat at some attending's cabin. Sounds great, huh? I'm just thrilled.
Oh, NY how do I love thee? Although we have never met, our relationship has been solidified over the internet via pictures, articles, and gossip. I cannot wait to look into your starry eyes in person and whisper into your ears how often I dream of you...
Great pics and trip! Also, if you notice the hits on your page increasing it's because of Rhys. He's obsessed with that video of Ruby and May. As in, he has to see it every time I'm on the computer. He usually watches it 2x in the morning (in a row) and again 2x at night (in a row). It's to the point now he answers all your questions to the girls. Both cute and a little creepy at the same time. My son, the 2 year old stalker of beautiful underage girls....
Post a Comment