Monday, May 10, 2010

Today: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
I lost 5 1/2 pounds last week. And that was while I was on my period, when I retain water like Sponge Bob Square Pants. (Gross! She just said "period!"...and "Sponge Bob Square Pants!") So far I'm loving this Kristi Approved Program--it's the first diet I've been on where I'm not hungry and I don't feel deprived and am loving the resistance training. Click here to read more about it if you're interested. Let me know if you want to do it with me, I'll set you up with great ladies at Kristi Approved. Oh, and my before pictures? I won't be posting those bad boys until I have something better to put next to it side by side. Especially "the back" view picture. Holy crap.

The Bad:
Olive is teething and was up a lot last night--I got about 4 hours of sleep. When I'm tired, I get clumsy. I was running out the door today to take Ruby to school after she was just seconds from missing the bus. Blast! I was going to go to the gym to teach my class straight from taking her to school. I had my blueberry protein shake in one hand and was putting Olive in her car seat with the other and ended up dumping my shake, sending it EVERY WHERE. My car (which, yay!, has very absorbent fabric upholstery) Olive's car seat, Olive and myself looked liked an Oompa Loompa just poked the bloated Violet Beauregarde with a pin. I didn't want to be late for my class so I took care of myself and Olive but left most of the mess to clean up afterward, which took over two hours out of my day scrubbing that purple gunk out.

The Ugly:
So I wipe Olive and myself off, change Olive's clothes, get to the gym and am dropping off the girls at the child care when a cute little girl runs up and points at me, shrieking "Ew! You're all mole-y!" I smile and say "It looks that way, huh? I actually splattered blueberry shake all over myself a couple of minutes ago." But then I looked down and realized that I had, in fact, done a really good job cleaning myself off and yes, ew!, I am just really mole-y.

4 comments:

[alisar] said...

You are totes mcgoats going to hit 120 at this rate.

Aby Runyan said...

Ouch. Sometimes kids really leave you reeling with their honesty. I've been the victim of that SEVERAL times. By my own children. In fact my kids LOVE pointing out my moles. And POKING my moles. And LAUGHING at my moles.

Stinkers.

luvs, aby

Kelley Flint said...

I love the Charlie and the chocolate factory references. Ha ha. And awesome job with Kristi Approved.

Shannon said...

I'm mole-y too. My daughter likes to point them out and ask "what is that?" over and over.