...aaaaaaand this is where you're supposed to view a supremely adorable image of my three girls all in their flower costumes, which Ruby cleverly donned as "The Olive Garden." I had a photoshoot right before trick-or-treating and by the time that wrapped up and I had uploaded my images to the computer, my camera battery was like "Peace!" So accept this illustration I did a couple of years ago of some trick-or-treaters instead. And you can look forward to seeing my girls as flowers next year...Mom.

2. I purchased some brussel sprouts at the grocery store today. I've never had brussel sprouts and will be following Ina Garten's technique--just roasting them with olive oil, salt and pepper. I'm a big Ina fan so I have high hopes. I know people have strong feelings against brussel sprouts and recall a scene in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (the children's book not the horrid movie) where at a birthday party, the sky serves brussel sprouts and peanut butter with mayonnaise. The children look less than enthused. Why does this particular food get a bad rap? I'm ready to find out.3. My brother sent me these two links this morning and it made my day. John just probably thought I'd like the song/performance because it was both really good and odd which is always a winning combination but it ended up really speaking to me in a way a song/performance hasn't in a long time. It's hard to explain but for me, it personified what being in love is like, specifically my relationship with Go. The song, the lyrics, the energy, the driving beat, the ebb and flow, the melody, the interchanging major and minor chords. And I'm particularly glad that the song I felt "fit" us happened to be an awesome one and not Who Let The Dogs Out.
Same song. Two different performances. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. "Home."
13 comments:
this song makes me cry and giggle and stomp my feet almost every day. i am glad john shared it with you.
I LOVED it! They are all crazy though! I need some of that.
First I really hope you love the brussel sprouts, they are so so good! Second I remember watching this performance on Letterman. So awesome. I love how raw their voices are.
Are you kidding? We DON'T get to see the girls costumes??!! Did I misunderstand?
I am HIGHLY disappointed if we don't get to see them. I've been anxiously waiting!
luvs, aby
Right there with you Aby - LOVE the illustration but...
please just get their faces with headdresses in the shot - they don't have to wear everything. You'll be glad you have it. And I think you'll regret it if you don't get a shot of them.
And your dad and I saw that group somewhere recently. And as much as Letterman is on here, that wasn't the performance I'm positive.
The song is very catchy, (and can totally see it as you guys's song), and though I found the chick VERY difficult to watch both the first time and in the Letterman clip (not so bad in the studio), I do admire her for having such a cheery demeaner.
Katy shared it with me. Get the girls in their "Bobby's birthday outfits" instead.
my camera battery was like, "Peace!"
hahahahahaha
Nothing would please me more than seeing you smile and hop & skip around a stage with the love of your life. Good song.
Brussel sprouts are also good cooked in some broth then with some pepper sprinkled on top.
I REALLY wanted to see those costumes.
But you can STILL dress them up and take their pics. Your gorgeous girls + the adorable custom costumes + your excellent photog skills = happiness for all of us.
This band played right after Imagine Dragons at a Vegas show a month or two ago. I remember them because there are like 500 people in the band! I didn't realize they were getting so much buzz. Great song!
And let me know if you are able to make brussel sprouts taste good. I like to think I am quite liberal when it comes to vegetable-eating, but I have always hated on brussel sprouts and beets.
What John said. Nobody puts Bobby in the corner. Respect.
That is a great song!
What a cute song! (And the chic dances like me- awesome!!). Really cute though- thanks for sharing!
and NO halloween costumes? ya know what? there's always tomorrow night! Guess what girls?? It's dress up time!!!
see? simple.
Post a Comment