
It's a drawing of a toy she has: a little stuffed bulldog wearing a sunflower headdress.
Her drawing looks so much like her toy.
When I saw it, I screamed--but like a happy, good scream. It still scared her nonetheless. I really envy those who are naturally soft spoken, but I'm just not. I'm working on it, though. Especially when it comes to children. So, I screamed/squealed and gushed and oohed and ahhed all very sincerely because I just love this little drawing and asked how she did it.
She said "I just kept looking at Bobby (the toy), and then down at my drawing and then at Bobby and then my drawing and this is just what I drew. Except for the paws. They were just little stubs and it looked weird, so I added some stuff."
Pure joy.
10 comments:
Wow, that is REALLY good! I could totally tell what it was too. Takin' after her gifted mom! :)
That little Ruby! I think she comes by it naturally. Thanks Caren!!! And let me tell you, little Olive is Tom all over the place and that's a good thing. We loved getting to know Go as well and Mae was as sweet a helper as can be. Kurt misses her!! You have a great family, Annie and of course your Auntie loves you tons!!!!!
super cute!
Did i tell you one of my doula clients was an art phd student, so when his 6 year old daughter drew a picture of me during one of my visits, he very kindly had her look at me again and add more details on the pictures like my wedding ring, watch, earrings and necklace. To myself I was like, "That's weird," until I remembered getting Rhys to start his pitch to match mine when we sing. I so understand your enthusiasm for making a picture that looks like something it should! :)
that's pretty cool. It looks very comparable.
WOW! I can't even do that, seriously. I envy those with artistic talent. Great job Ruby!!
That is really awesome! have you been teaching her insider tricks?
I'd say future artist but I think she's already there!
you have quite the little are.teest on your hands!
I love this post. I'm so impressed...she's just like her mommy!
The talent lives on.
Post a Comment