Sunday, July 12, 2009

Twenty-Niner

I am officially in my last year as a twenty-something. Weird, since I still feel 18.

I had a really great birthday yesterday and as usual was showered with love, which I appreciate since I'm often in need of all varieties of showering, whether it be hugs and kisses or soap and water.

My bday got started a early when my buddy Camie made me a delightful birthday lunch on Thursday: Pea and Parsley Soup with Bacon and Chicken Artichoke Crepes. Sooo delicious.

Things calmed down until my actual day of birth, which was yesterday when I received breakfast in bed made and brought to me by Ruby: she handed me some buttered bread and yogurt with a spoon. She thought of it on her own without any coaching from her Daddy. What a sweetie.

I had to teach spin that morning and was very tempted to do a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEE! mix, featuring all forms of birthday songs and songs with my name in it but decided not to since you can't spin to John Denver. But I did make a new mix and included Sean Kingston's Fire Burning, to which upon hearing I was downloading it, Go hollared from the kitchen "Are you serious? That song is going to give me a rash!" But let me tell you--just like I knew it would be, it's SUPER FUN to spin to. You should have heard all the whooping and hollaring going on in my spin room when it was blaring through the speakers.

After I was showered with soap and water, I was showered with gifts: a new camera bag from Go, an external hard drive from Ruby, a new iphone cover from May. Those gifts did include some coaching from their Dad. Then we all hit the Banana Republic summer sale where I made a killing. Nice.

My buddy Chrissy offered to watch my girls, though Olive stayed with us since she refuses to take a bottle. Little stinker. Go took me Devon, a fancy new sea food grill here in Hershey and it was amazing. Since we had a babysitter, we figured we'd go see a movie as well, which as seldom it is that we get to see one in a theatre, it was really poor timing since there is NOTHING out right now. Basically, I had to decide between The Proposal and Transformers, two movie genres I'm really not into: romantic "comedy" or sci-fi action blockbuster. I went with the action blockbuster because I like to watch Shia Lebeouf act, but ended up playing Word Warp on my phone for the last half.

So aside from getting over the disappointment of Megan Fox not getting blown up at the end of Transformers, it was a fantastic birthday. I think my last year in my twenties is going to be a great one.

10 comments:

Tam said...

Happy late birthday. All day yesterday I was hoping you were haveing an extra fun bday. Yay for the Banana Republic finds!

Tam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tam said...

Oops, those deletes are from me. It's Bloggers fault. I doubt you wanted to read the same thing three times.

Aby Runyan said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good one. I still cannot believe how tremendously young you are, but it makes me feel good to think that you'll be 30 next year. Yay! Join me PLEASE, I feel so alone out here in the thirty-somethings.

luvs, aby

Kasey said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you were showered in many ways. Confession. I still feel 18 too! It's hard for me to believe at times I'm the big two nine for sure!

Matt said...

happy birthday coo. You're birthday sounded like a good one. Growing up, I always liked the fact that we were born two weeks apart...come to think of it, I still like it. Although for some reason, I think your birthday is on the 12th instead of the 11th. Hence, my birthday wishes today.
You are a great 29 year old. -leigh

KatieB said...

glad you got showered. missing you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to little Annie, Happy Birthday to you! And yes, I do harmony! Love you and fam and enjoy the last of the 20's. You will always be 18 to me and drivin the VW!!!! Love, Auntie

camie said...

First of all, I think it's great that you feel older than I do.
Second, I can't believe you didn't post Banana Republic's summer sale on the coupon clippers blog. I had no idea...not that I'd have fit into anything but Paul loves that store.