2. I really like Mos Def. He is one cool cat.
3. I can tell that Conan O'Brien really likes saying Sonia
Sotomayor's name.
4. I had to let Olive cry for awhile tonight because as much as she
would like it to be, 1 in the morning is not the time for playing and
smiling and face-grabbing and face-sucking and kicking and laughing
and wriggling; she finally fell asleep about 30 minutes ago but I keep
thinking that I'm hearing her cry--but she's not. It's just my brain
making junk up.
5. My father-in-law said to me once that he hoped that heaven would
be a big, comfortable room with shelves filled with books from his
favorite authors. At the time, I thought that sounded pretty good. It
still sounds great. But how about this idea? All of your children,
you get to hold them and have them at whatever age you wanted, all the
time. I'd like that. Actually, while watching the Gilmore Girls season
finale, I saw what heaven would be like I think: when Rorie is led
through the rain and gets inside the tent and everyone from Stars
Hollow is there, smiling and clapping and shouting that they love her
and how proud of her they are. The camera scans all the faces of the
townspeople and they're all jam packed in there under that tent Luke
made. Everytime I've watched that scene, I've cried and thought
"Thats what it's going to be like." I think I get emotional because I
insert people from my own life underneath that tent. Ok, maybe I
wouldn't mind if Kirk was there too. Or Lane. Zach and Brian could
stay, too but Taylor can take a hike. He's not invited to my heaven-
tent. And yes, I am so very lame for having thoughts like these and
then actually blogging them. I really shouldn't blog at 2:30 in the
morning. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm actually going to post this.
Good night.
Sent from my iPhone
8 comments:
During my first trip to our new library (boxes unpacked? No. Library card? Yes. I've got my priorities straight) I noticed that they have all the seasons of Gilmore Girls for check out. And since I think I'm the only Northwoods girl who has no idea who this Taylor person is that you are kicking out of your heaven tent, I've decided that my number one Friendless New Girl Goal is to watch them. Then I will finally fit in.
The Gilmore Girls will be your friends.
PS-I have a friend suggestion for you who lives in your area I'm pretty sure. I think you guys will really click. I just sent you an email.
Confessional:
I enjoy a good Gilmore Girls post anytime of night of day.
I would like to write a Gilmore Girls post every time I write a post but I stop myself because I fear the judgement of rational people.
I cry every time I watch that last episode. And I rewound Loreli saying "Luke" right before she kissed him at the end 2 or three times. And it was very satisfying.
On Saturday I sent your WII Gilmore Girls post to 4 of my friends and I spent part of my earthly existence worrying that by sending it to them it might go viral and they would be able to trace it back to me and I might look stupid. In front of my family.
If I say I'm crazy first, I beat you to it.
I am not a Gilmore fan----there I said it---it's out there for all to read---but, your Uncle Mike is a big fan. He will love this post, if I let him read it. I don't want him to think that others like it, so he can say---"see, you are the one with the problem." I kept telling him while he was watching it that he has a problem. The yak, yak, yak that is always going on drives me crazy---but I think it's because I am cooped up in a room with 30-- 12 years olds-- all day, so when I get home I want quiet. Less talk is better and Gilmore Girls is surely not less talk. There--it's out. I hang my head in shame.
A heaven tent sounds good. But I think I might have to come to a heaven cabin because I'm not a fan of camping. But I am a fan of you. Have fun at T&C's house.
do you have someone in your life like kirk, or would you rather have the real one? and were you always sold on luke? every once in awhile i really like chris and/or max. i'm glad she ended up with luke, but feel bad for those other guys. it's like anne of avonlea—every once in awhile i want her to be with morgan harris, but wouldn't want her to ditch gilbert either.
did that make any sense?
It made perfect sense, Holly. Another reason I stand by my claim that we'd be good friends if we lived by each other...which would facilitate us actually meeting each other in person...
Out of all of the men, Luke was always my favorite. Max was...I don't know. Something about the way he styled his hair made me gag. DEFINITELY NOT JASON. My runner up was Christopher even though he was cheesy and kind of weak, he was still a good guy, all that history and Rorie's father. But Luke was there. He was solid. And he pined. A what's better than some good old fashioned pining?
And yes, I actually do have a Kirk in my life. My Kirk is a lady from the gym. She's eccentric with a capital E.
And Beth, you may not like the first episodes. It took awhile for the characters to find their groove. Stick with it. You won't be sorry.
ew, i forgot all about Jason. ew.
Post a Comment