Ruby steps off the bus and hands me her lunch bag. I try to give her a hug but she gives me the brush off.
Me: So how was your day, Rubes? I want to hear all about it.
Ruby: (She gives me a withering stare and points right at me.) You told me I'd learn stuff! I DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING!!!
8 comments:
she
is
brilliant!
that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time
I can hear Ruby saying those exact words, so funny!!! I'm glad you survived the first day. I didn't cry, but Holly sure did when she saw Cadence get on the big scary bus and drive away.
Tell Rubs we will have snacks tomorrow...good snacks. Fun snacks. Snacks that will help us learn something. I'll get on it.
There is no fooling that girl - she seriously is too cute for words. Welcome to the public school system Ruby, join acitivites and maybe you'll actually get something out of it!
luvs, aby
Too Too FUNNY! Becca really could have cared less if she learned anything. She did inform me that she now has 18 good friends.
Oh my heck! She's too cute! Dean pretty much said the same thing (about not learning anything!) Granted he's pre-k. But we'll see how today goes. He totally cried yesterday, when no other kids did. It really killed me.
she's just TOO SMART for those silly KINDERGARTEN BABIES... she should be in FIRST GRADE! :)
She is ADORABLE... I love the pictures from yesterday... that smirk on her face is SO perfect...
Tell her not true.
I'm sure she's talking book learning and answers to Why questions,but she can now answer the question "What is it like to ride the bus to school?" which is a smidge more than her first day.
i was just reading the first day blog...wait til first grade. my kindergarten tears were nothing like the "my baby is going to be gone all day" tears of first grade! have fun with that!!
Post a Comment