1. Fruit flies. While we were gone, a lone banana peel was left in the kitchen trash by--just so I don't name any names here--someone who lives in our house who has put a banana in his shake every morning for the past 7+ years.
2. Laundry. Lots and lots and lots of it.
3. Anticipating Saturday morning when I'm supposed to teach spin to a packed house after recovering from the stomach flu and not working out for 3 weeks straight. Gaaaah.
4. Summer is quickly coming to a close.
5. The abundance of weeds in my yard.
6. The pile of mail that is almost as tall as the laundry.
7. Retraining my kids to snap back to the reality that no, I am not your grandparent and I will not give you anything and everything you want.
8. Readjusting to the 3 hour time difference.
9. Way below par produce. Why does CA have the best fruit ever? Coming back here and picking through these wilty, wrinkly, mealy, holey fruits makes me want to cry. I just want an orange the size of my head, is that too much to ask?
10. Driving back in PA. Apparently, a horse and buggy's top speed is about 55 mph.
How am I supposed to drive that slow on the freeway after driving out west? Impossible.
4 comments:
What do you mean by bad produce? I just the BEST oranges at sharp shopper.......
Seriously, though, you should go pick some peaches at Honeybear Orchards, you'll feel better.:)
I loathe fruit flys! So sorry, no fun no fun. I once lived in a house in college though that had ants every where in the kitchen. DEEE scusting!
I'm sure you'll recover in no time! Sucky about the fruit flies though. Those things are NASTY!
Pick apples with us this fall...they are amazing and last year we picked like 8 different varieties. Next spring we'll pick strawberries. A close second to the freshly picked are the strawberries you get in the store from Watsonville, CA. They're always good. A couple weekends ago we went to Risser Marvel Farm for produce and the place was humming. The produce was FRESH and beautiful. As an artist, you'd appreciate all the bright colors. I felt a happy feeling there.
Post a Comment