Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The California Leg of the Trip

Highlights

-The uncles.
Don't be fooled by this tough guy picture. Uncle John is a softy.

Uncle Joe, who is always a belly full of laughs.
-The beach.
...with my family.
Uncle Joe also is a very good walker.
Not one word, Mom. This is a good picture of you.
May surrounded by men, just like she likes it.
-Going to the park with Uncle John who likes to fall down when he skates.

He also likes to slither down curvy slides.
I can't explain why, but this is such a "John" thing to do.

And then he took May for a ride.
-The pool.

"That face has mischief written all over it," you might be saying.

You are correct, sir! After this stunt, Joe was banned from the tossing of nieces into the pool.

But don't worry. Papa Tommy was there to catch her.
Have I ever mentioned that Papa Tommy is a goofball?

-Getting to see my cousin Megan and her cute kids.
-Getting together with old roommates for a practically perfect afternoon at the Lagoon. Rhymes!
If you think these ladies are cute, you should see their kids.

Ok.

(Sorry Kate, but I don't even one shot of Avery on here. Dang!)

-Riding the train to San Juan Capistrano and going to Zoomars with Grandma Caren.

-This picture, particularly the background.

15 comments:

KatieB said...

you forgot some of my kids.i know, it's hard with how many i have...

Jody and Alex said...

Love these pictures! SO bright and clear!

loubige said...

Hey, my husband has been friends with Melissa's brother Jeff since childhood....small world. Looks like your SoCal trip was fun!
Love,
Your friendly stalker.

Kristen said...

That last pic looks a lot like the one with my kiddos at the pumpkin patch last year. What's up with these pencil holders??????? It's the ultimate Photobomb.

Kasey said...

Butt Ruby's real pretty!

[alisar] said...

I'm having a difficult time deciding which of your brothers to have a crush on...John, no Joe, definitely Joe, no wait, John. I'd take your dad, but I hear your mom's a vicious street fighter. What's a girl to do??

Matt said...

your family is great.

m.m. said...

hi annie, i know i've never commented on here before, but i couldn't resist after those pictures of john thomas on the slide. you are oh so right. such a john thing to do.
-meka haglund
p.s. i love your blog.

Anonymous said...

But I do have a word. Cropping. Very envious of Melissa's and Katie's.
And did you airbrush out a cigarette in Audra's right hand?

Beth said...

I looooved seeing pictures of your family. Oh how I love my Auntie Caren and Uncle Tom. Sigh. Plus, Jofuss all grown up. Wow. So jealous you were in CA and wish I could be there too. Right now would be nice.

Unknown said...

That last picture is PRICELESS!! Did you play the "slots" while you had the chance!?

Jessie Riley said...

Looks like you had a BLAST!

Your family looks just as fun as you!

Audra Bollard said...

We went to Zoomars today and that SAME girl with that same too-low pair of jeans was there!

MOMMACITA said...

True Story:

Read the caption "Riding the train to San Juan Capistrano and Zoomars with Grandma Caren", and then right after I read the next caption "This picture particularly the background". And then of course I eyeballed the the bare bottom crack. Then I thought, "That's Grandma Caren's bare bottom crack?" Then I thought ARE YOU SERIOUS???. Then I thought "Why wouldn't she cover that up?" Then I thought, "Mommacita, you are stupid, that is NOT Caren's bottom and bottom crack." Then I thought "Whew for Caren."

The end.

PS LOVED the pictures. Esp. the ones of Tommy with his granddaughters. And the ones of Jofuss and John the sexy devil and of course the one of Caren that is not of Caren's bottom.

Anonymous said...

I wish I looked that good when I bent over!