2. The rest of my little family didn't get that nasty flu despite the fact that out of the 25 or so people staying under the same roof at the Reynolds cabin last weekend, my Ruby, May and Go were 3 of the only 7 that DID NOT get it, for which I am very grateful. That was one mean bugger of a bug. But seriously--if you ever get the chance to get wheeled around in an airport, take it. No matter how ridiculous you feel as your kids run along side of your wheelchair while you hang over the side, hollering "Come on, girls! Quick like bunnies! Great job! We're almost there! I can't believe how fast you are! Come on, May! Catch up! There you go! Come on! You're awesome! I see our gate! Almost! Come on! Come on!", it'll be worth it.
3. I'm back in my own bed.
4. With my own divine t-shirt material sheets.
5. With my own husband WHO I MIGHT ADD HAD BEEN WORKING EVERY SINGLE NIGHT DURING THE MONTH OF JULY AND WE DID NOT SEE HIM ALL MONTH LONG BUT I COULDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ON MY BLOG (I try not to complain about residency in general at all really because seriously, what's the point? It won't change anything, it will only make you look like you've sucked on a lemon and then your face will stick that way) BECAUSE IF AN AXE MURDERER READS MY BLOG, HE WOULD HAVE KNOWN I WAS HOME ALONE EVERY NIGHT. And then my very big dog would have had to rip him to shreds and that would have been a huge mess and guess who would have had to clean that one up? Me, that's who. What a hassle.
6. My Summer Magnolia Paper Flower Kit from Paper Source which is my new favorite store that I would like to live in/roll around in/run through with my arms open wide like a VonTrapp Family singer.7. My ducks are starting to get into a row for Ruby to begin kindergarten. Like most Moms, I'm having very mixed feelings. Blahblahblah. Orientation is in a week or so when we'll meet her teacher and see her classroom. I meet with the school nurse and principal to nail down a plan for her Diabetes care in a couple of days, which I've been having anxiety about for, oh, YEARS. An appointment is lined up with her Diabetes nurse before school starts as well but we're very used to those. We've received all the information for everything she needs for the first day and have purchased her "ruby-red" flowered backpack, her pink and green lunch bag, sparkly pink folder, and hot pink pencil case. She's ready. I'm ready. Let's do this thing. Without tears from anyone. (Gritting my teeth and blinking my eyes. Gritting my teeth and blinking my eyes. Grit. Grit. Blink. Blink.)
8. I won the best give-away ever the other day and received the coolest package from Whitney filled with all kinds of vintagey goodness. It made my heart happy. That Whitney is one classy broad.
9. I've been looking at all the pictures I took on my trip. There are over 800. They're too precious to get overwhelmed by them. That's what I keep telling my self. Over and over.
10. The Olympics!
10 comments:
Glad you're feeling better!
I love the way you look at life and things! It just makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.
SO very glad you are back Deep Lunges. Or do you go by Unitards now? Anywho, I missed the daily fun of the Deep Lunge Life. Or is it the Unitard life?
Sorry about the bug. I've had a family reunion like that. The toilet seat was split in two by a sister in law. Slamming down too hard on something can do that.
Well, I can't compete with mommacita's comment above, but I will say that I'm glad you're back and I'm extra glad I got to see your purple-clad self a few weeks ago.
And, when I'm in Papersource I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to buy endless amounts of stationary and pretend that I regularly write people, "just thinking of you" notes, which I will never have time to do. It's just so beautiful in there.
Glad your back!!!! School will be great. I have already been through it and still worried about 1st grade.
I'm so sorry you got sick but I'm glad you made it back and are feeling better. Even when under the weather you still make me laugh.
I'm so glad your girls escaped the bug. Only Kate and Max escaped it in our family. It's been a fun, fun week.
Glad you're back--sorry about the sickness. Glad you enjoyed the package--it's so good to be back in touch with you!
You and Ruby will do wonderfully well. It's a huge deal sending your oldest sweetie-pie off to kindergarten, but you'll both do great. And...don't forget to write her messages on her napkin before putting it in her cutsie lunch box. "I {heart} U" with a smiley face works wonders.
I'm feeling you big time on the kindergarten thing. Your mom told me Ruby has to go from 8 to 3:45 or something RIDICULOUS like that. Keoni only goes from 12:07 to 2:45 and I'm so worried about him. I hate talking about it. The end.
Post a Comment